Proper Reno cockpit pictures in the store and is there a nav capable T-6?

Hello,

I find it incredibly odd that there are barely any screenshots of the cockpits in the Reno planes, and it’s been unnecessarily hard for me to choose a plane to buy. It’s been two weeks and I still haven’t been able to find screenshots online, or videos of the cockpits, especially the T-6 cockpits.

The only pictures of the cockpits are taken from this official video, but how am I supposed to choose a cockpit I spend 99% of my sim time in, when the only pictures available are taken from under the seat, cold and dark, out of focus, half hidden by other cockpit geometry and half absolutely blank because of sun glare. It’s insane. Please do a better job at selling your product, Microsoft, because I’d like to buy a cockpit I actually want to fly in but can’t because every $10 plane is an absolute gamble. They already severely lack depth, don’t also make it impossible to see the eye candy we’re buying …

I bought the $20 pack out of spite but I regret doing it since the planes seem to not be navigation capable. No VOR, no ADF, no DME, nothing. (well the L-39 does but I’m more interested in the T-6 and P-51). It’s really a shame because the T-6 looks great, sound great, flies nice.
And i’ve been looking for a VOR nav capable T-6, but without all the glass screens, retrofited, modern panels. I’d really love for a T-6 that looks like a classic panel, but with a VOR insturment.

I almost settled on buying the Gunslinger T-6 because the cockpit looks great, has the old cockpit vibe, and it has a nav instrument in there, which is great. And then at the 11th hour, juste before pulling the trigger, I found a video of someone racing with it and wouldn’t you know it, the Gunslinger cockpit has modern electronic screens bolted on top of the cockpit panel, but they are not visible in the ingame store screenshot… again, Microsoft, how are you trying to sell a plane without providing a picture of what the pilot sees from the pilot seat ??? Unbelievable.

Some may argue that I should have bought the €60 pack and be done with it. Sure, but again, there are barely any screenshots of the interiors, I had no idea what I was about to buy. Also, I don’t care for the actual racing so there’s that…
Now I could buy the remaining planes but I’m not spending 55€ on top of the 20€ i already spend. If they make a 40€ offer for the people that got the 20€ pack already, sure, but they need to rethink their bundle deals, IMO. A bunch of 20+40 sales is way better than 20+nothing.

So have you guys found a decent T-6 that can do VOR navigation and doesn’t look like an experimental Garmin showroom?

Thank you.

1 Like

Best thing to do is go into the Reno air races, select each plane, and click on the ‘more info’ button. It’ll display the cockpit for every aircraft.

Hi there Space Bear,

I had that problem too. But there is a bit of a workaround to see which aircraft has which cockpit.
First of all check this YouTube video:

It shows the cockpit of each airplane in its introduction. Therefore you can find the cockpit you want for the T-6. Also the third photo of each individual aircraft in the in game Marketplace, shows the picture of the cockpit.
However the Basic Reno Expansion of 19,99 dollars was not listed in the video. Therefore I started this topic:

You can find pictures of the cockpits here. This T-6 cockpit is a bit of a World War II era plane and not so suitable for VOR/ILS navigation.

I was looking for a L-39 with VOR / ILS Navigation and therefore bought the L-39C Sarance. However the HSI course needle does not work properly and stays on the relative bearing and not on the desired magnetic course. Already send a zendesk report but still not heard from Asobo.
My tip if you want a Basic Six instrument panel in the T-6 is to go for the “Almost Perfect”. This aircraft has the Basic Six instrument layout, and I know the ADI and HSI are electronic. Hopefully this one works perfectly and is not broken like the L-39 HSI instrument.

Hopefully my advice leads you in the good direction for your choice and always feel free to contact me.

Regards

1 Like

Interesting. You can see all the cockpits even if you don’t own the 60€ pack?

Yeah if you have the cheaper pack that let’s you do the races, just go into it, get to where you select your aircraft, and underneath there is a ‘more info’ button. It’ll display the cockpit for each aircraft.

The post above has given a much better explanation than I have, in truth.

Thank you everyone for your answers.
This gentleman on YouTube made a series of long videos where he shows what all the cockpits look like and clicks most of the buttons, shows daytime and nightime cockpits.

I’ve time coded the planes in the comment section on youtube, so you can check out the plane you’re specifically looking for (did the T-6 and L-39 series for now).

As for me, I’ll probably settle on the AT-6A Gunslinger.

T-6 youtube link

L-39 youtube link

Cheers.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.