Proposal for a World Update: Indian Ocean and Beyond

Hello everyone,

I propose an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator that would highlight the islands of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, as well as the lesser-known but equally beautiful islands of Agalega and Saint Brandon. Here is an overview of what each destination has to offer:

Mauritius and Rodrigues: White sandy beaches and lush green mountains. Sites like Morne Brabant and Cascade Chamarel in Mauritius would be spectacular to fly over.

Réunion: Impressive relief with its cirques and the active volcano of Piton de la Fournaise. Detailed modeling of these features would be incredible.

Seychelles: Unique granite formations and atolls. The rocks of Anse Source d’Argent would offer breathtaking views.

Madagascar: Unique biodiversity and varied landscapes, from rainforests to avenues of baobabs.

Sri Lanka: Historical sites, beaches, and lush vegetation. Places like Sigiriya or the beaches of Trincomalee would be enriching.

Maldives: Atolls and coral reefs offering beautiful underwater views and turquoise lagoons.

Agalega: An archipelago made up of two islands, known for its coral soil and tropical climate, conducive to the development of mangroves and coconut trees.

Saint Brandon: An archipelago made up of sandbanks and islets, part of the territory of Mauritius. It is known for its low altitude and marine biodiversity, including green turtles and hawksbill turtles.

A World Update incorporating these destinations would allow the discovery of the richness and diversity of these islands, offering MSFS users an immersive and enriching experience. I hope this proposal will captivate the interest of the community and developers.

Thank you for your support.

images

exterior-view
images

Sounds good to me too :+1:

After some consideration, I believe it would be beneficial to also include the following airports to complete the list and enrich the flight simulation experience in the region:

• Mauritius: Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (FIMP) is the gateway to this beautiful island, offering views of white sandy beaches and lush green mountains.
  • Rodrigues: Plaine Corail Airport (FIMR) serves as a vital link to the rest of the world for this small island.
  • Réunion: La Réunion Roland Garros Airport (FMEE) offers spectacular approaches with its mountainous terrain.
  • Seychelles: Seychelles International Airport (FSIA) welcomes visitors with its unique atolls and granite formations.
  • Madagascar: Ivato International Airport (FMMI) is the gateway to an island rich in biodiversity and unique landscapes.
  • Sri Lanka: Bandaranaike International Airport (VCBI) is the largest and busiest, reflecting the island’s cultural and natural wealth.
  • Maldives: Malé International Airport (VRMM) is famous for its runways extending into the ocean, offering a unique landing experience.
  • Agalega: The Agalega islands, with their recently renovated airstrip, are a hidden gem of the Indian Ocean.
  • Saint Brandon: This archipelago, primarily known for fishing, could benefit from a better representation of its aerodrome for tourism flights.
  • Comoros: Airports like the one on Grande Comore Island, Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport (FMCH), offer gateways to spectacular volcanic islands and rich culture.

These additions would cover a wider variety of landscapes and flight experiences, thus providing a more complete representation of the region. I hope these suggestions will be taken into account to further enhance the realism and joy of flying in MSFS.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Voted. A beautiful part of the world. Hopefully there is enough high-quality data commercially available to make this happen.

1 Like

I’d also like to see some of the smaller Maldives airports getting some love for ATR and Twin Otter operations.

1 Like

Good idea.

Voted. Brilliant idea.

Voted!I m from Madagascar and i will spread these idea with malagasy flight simulator community!

1 Like

100% agree :ok_hand: