PSA: Get better engine sounds with the Reverb G2 (and probably other Headsets) šŸ”µ

much better for the buttkicker too

Iā€™m going to give Equaliserapo a go, supposedly gives a nice boost.
Details here

I too was a little less than satisfied with the sound coming from my G2 speakers. Little on the quiet side for my tastes. Plus I like having ambient sounds from my surroundings isolated. I went with earbuds with extended cord to plug into my Creative sound on my motherboard. Much better and I can crank the volume up nicely along with other sound settings. And really isolates the sound like you are in the room, or plane, or car. Yeah it is one more cord to deal with, but it is very thin and does not bother me. I removed the headphones from the G2.

OK, I see what you did there. For me to pull that off, Iā€™m gonna have to unplug that cable from the HMD, which I donā€™t like doing, but I can shut the system down completely down and do it that way.

As much as I donā€™t like unplugging it, doing so may be the best answer, as Iā€™ve been arguing with that cable for days. I currently have it set so that it comes under and around the ear piece, which works to a degree, but yours just looks more stable. No spare velcro strips, though, probably going to have to get some. Weā€™ve got a roll of ā€œindustrial strengthā€ velcro thatā€™s designed to be cut into whatever size and shape you might need (gawd bless home depot!) but itā€™s really thick, and boy do they mean it when they say ā€œindustrial strengthā€!!! It takes ā€œJolly the green giantā€ a good hard tug to get it separated.

So I guess itā€™s time for Mr. Amazon Prime to bring me some thinner easier to rip apart actual strips!

Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m not getting any Spatial Sound effects in the Cockpit (All planes), is it designed that way? When in external view I turn my head and clearly the sound moves from right to left speaker but in Cockpit itā€™s all the same, I have tried turning On/Off Spatial sound in the menu and Windows settings but no combination helps.

Edit: Reverb G1

@CptLucky8, Turns out we had velcro straps after all. Hereā€™s mine with your mod, though Iā€™m not sure if the lighting helped my photo any. A little worried it might tug on the cable too much when raising and lowering the hat part (for lack of a better thing to call it), but weā€™ll see!

It might not be clear on my photo but Iā€™ve provided some leeway between the plug and the velcro (the cable is making an arc) in order to accommodate for this specifically! Iā€™ve also tightened this velcro really really hard and when I try pulling the cable it wonā€™t move at all thanks to the cable grippy friction (good for this mod, but very bad otherwise because it is grippy to your clothes or the ground).

PS: I got inspired from the Index for this mod, where it has a plastic cable holder and Iā€™m wondering once again what did HP thought about not securing the cable this way!??!

1122_ochki-virtualnoy-realnost

I have this exact same issue, luckily not often though. I also donā€™t think itā€™s sound related

As for the cable grippy issue ā€“ this helped a LOT (also protects it from my rude cat copilot.) Amazon.com

1 Like

@CptLucky8, I also think they probably should have added some sort of locking mechanism to keep that cable firmly plugged in. Iā€™ve managed to pull mine out a handful of times now, and even though you can plug it back in (in my case Iā€™ve even had to resort to literally pulling it all the way out and then plugging it back in once or thrice), it sometimes it gets all wonky when you do.

At least in my experience.

1 Like

@lkowgli, did you end up doing this? If so any details/results to share with the class?

Iā€™ve been getting random static noises in my right ear only, and I donā€™t know if itā€™s an actual problem that may require a warranty repair/replace (if so, I sure hope they do pre-replacements, and I donā€™t mind waiting to do that, since Iā€™ve got like 47 weeks or so left on the warranty), or if itā€™s just DP, USB, wiring, or even software issues that might be fixed by a different plug or (hopefully) incoming software update(s).

@CptLucky8, I just turned on the bass boost on my G2s, if I notice anything significant, Iā€™ll let you know. But I spend a lot of time with one ear not covered so if the wife barks at me, I can hear it (and if mama ainā€™t happy, ainā€™t nobody happy), so Iā€™m not sure I will notice either way.

1 Like

You can use these instead of velcro straps:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FXZBMV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The idea of the Velcro strap is not just guiding the cable but also to hold it firmly. I donā€™t think the self adhesive cord holder is strong enough but in your experience, are these holding the cable firmly enough?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.