Purchase Cancelled

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:
Purchase cancels with no pop up to allow confirmation.
I will note that I have had 2 Zendesk tickets and they stated it has to be shown as closed because they do not have any solutions and all possible known remedies have been exhausted. I have done a complete reinstall twice before. My accounts are all good, I stop my firewall and all security temporarily for the transaction as well. I have doesn’t all the signing out and reinstall of xbox apps and all that. I will note that this all began after the SU10. Not sure if that matters. I’ve been in flight sim since 1985 in one form or another.
Carenado will only sell through Marketplace and I’m sure there are others as well that I haven’t yet come across. I have invested a lot of money into this and plan for more further but this is a stumbling block to that end.
I

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. I click “Buy and Download”
  1. the colored button greys out and changes to "Purchase in Progress for about 2 seconds.
  2. The button stays greyed out and the wording changes back to “Buy and Download” for about 10 to 15 seconds.
  3. The button colors back and nothing else happens. No confirm or security pop up.
  4. The only notifications happen at the top of the notifications tab, where during step 2 the notification echoes the wording of the button until step 4 when the notification then says " Purchase Cancelled".

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Asus Z590, I9 11900, EVGA 3080 TI FTW3, 2tb Samsung 980 SSD, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Logitech pedals, Att 500mb/s internet on wifi motherboard.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Has it ever worked for you?

How are you trying to pay for it? I think you must have an MS payment account ( unless steam verion )

Are you sure whichever account above ^ is set up correctly and with current info.
( card #, card info, expire date, name, etc )

1 Like

Don’t start MSFS as admin. If you do, you can’t buy anything from marketplace, because it triggers what you’re mentioning.

4 Likes

Yes I have many purchases before and in fact not but a few days before it first started around a month or so ago. I drive truck so I was gone and SU10 came in, I did nothing but start the sim as it was the weekend before and the problem started. Payment is good. My Windows, Flight Sim, all my Office 365 suite is attached to both cards on the Microsoft account and there has never been an issue. I have been making Microsoft store purchases for a long time with 2 different very good accounts. I spent over $5,000 for my system and so far probably a couple to a few thousand in software and add-ons. Can’t say I have it all but I have plenty more than I have actually been able to try. I mean there is sleep and work involved…lol
I’ve offered to even allow Zendesk to log onto my computer by what is it? Teamspeak or what ever it is. So they can actually view in real time whats happening and discuss. I reached out to Carenado and they absolutely shut down the possibility of sending me a special link so I could privately purchase through them. Their response, ’ All our products are sold exclusively through MSFS 2020 Marketplace’, so that’s quite a kick in the shinn considering I would probably buy everything they had for MSFS 2020 all at once. So my due diligence is absolute and complete. Time to pass the torch to those who actually know something or can at least go down an efficient line of logic path. Something I don’t have enough knowledge to do.

1 Like

Did that, Completrely uninstalled and reinstalled the sim and all xbox apps, signed out. Everything. All of these things were suggested by Zendesk and I followed every instruction to the letter. Immense amount of time on my part spent working through their suggestions.

1 Like

As StoredScissors said if you start MSFS as admin you cannot purchase via the marketplace… are you starting the sim as admin or more importantly many sure you are not starting it as admin.

1 Like

I have done both and no dice either way. The suggestion was to completely sign out of the sim, microsoft store, and xbox app. Unintall all xbox apps and reinstall not running in admin. Sign back into store and xbox apps and start flight sim exclusively from xbox app so it does not have admin privileges. So it’s one or the other. you can’t have an untenable situation where if you use admin it’s wrong and if you don’t it’s wrong. Wouldn’t actually make sense, agreed?

1 Like

Topic moved into #community:marketplace which is more appropriate :+1:

1 Like

if on steam make sure “enabled game overlay” is turned on

Check for any failed or pending Windows updates. Somehow the Windows update software is also used for Marketplace purchases. I had two failed Windows updates preventing Marketplace purchases. I had to get the failed updates installed before I could buy anything. It wasn’t the Windows updates themselves but the Windows software that installs the updates was broken.

One of the issues with the Marketplace is that problems display a wrong error message or no error message at all.

I reinstalled MSFS and Windows which did not fix the problem. It is possible to fix this but it might take some time especially if it is a Windows problem.

1 Like

Not on steam, but thanksđź‘Ť

Ill check if there is something not covered by windows auto updates or the app updates that run separately. I have checked though and it seemed everything had been updated.

1 Like

There’s a possibility that im researching right now that if you run anything as administrator then it will always run that way no matter what medium you use to run it. Also that maybe a dll hangs around even after a total uninstall.
When it sees a certain cfg maybe it communicates and such… i dont know… its a stretch and i know nothing, just left over from earlier times when i actually tried to get into the guts of what it is we use each and every day to some extent. Its just a good idea to know something. It just gets to a point where you really dont wnt to touch much so you dont end up running down the road to Oz if that makes sense. Funny thing is there is absolutley no other platform on Earth besides my faith that i would lend this much time amd concern before. Sorry… soap box…lol

1 Like

Hi. Verify if you’re running MSFS as administrator. If so, try to run it without admin privileges and the purchase should work

1 Like

Fixed…
Ok had to reinstall Windows. Lost all downloads but I have all the keys etc… Lots of work ahead.

1 Like

I second that. I have just managed to purchase 2 aircraft after a day of Purchase Cancelled.

1 Like

I have determined that I had the same problem, but I solved it, by loading the game NOT as the administrator. I have been running as the administrator because FSRealistic recommended that to enable it’s autorun feature.

Once I started to just run MSFS normally, I was able to make my purchases.

1 Like

I have the same with Steam…
My wallet has been debited but the game show only “purchase cancelled” :frowning:
Microsoft support is not responding, any idea?

1 Like

Hopefully they will respond soon. I never had an issue with quick response and they always double checked to verify if a charge or purchase was debited from the start.

1 Like

Don’t thing so… They closed the ticket the next day without even answering me.
One less customer…