Purple or Pink Tiles at Airports?

ive had that happen, at an airport too, recently, it was a freeware updated one…

I’ve also seen this on a couple of freeware scenery. I saw post which implied it was due to missing textures or to be precise the scenery referencing a texture that you don’t have or is corrupt. It suggested renaming the default folders where you textures are stored and stated that the sim should then redownload the texture folder and correct or replace the textures.

Sorry to say if that is correct it did not work for me, all I ended up with was even more pink areas. So I’d say that, yes it is due to missing textures but i’m not sure how you fix without a full reinstall and it’s not bothering me enough to do that.

Hopefully someone can post with instructions that work so I’ll follow this thread, just in case

Hey,

topic moved to
#bugs&issues:scenery.

Thank you.

There must be a way to find what texture it is? Maybe in DEV MODE or something? then I could search my community folder and zap the offending add-on be it pay or free ware

I’ve merged several posts into an existing topic that was in the Archive and re-opened the topic.

@SuperSixBravo see this post I made above:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/purple-or-pink-tiles-at-airports/279299/9

why not just remove all addons to see if that fixes it?
if not, then it is a default faulty texture possibly.

Because I have lots of add-ons. I am not going through each one…launch the SIM, check, close the SIM, open the SIM…that’s garbage.

There has to be a better way

1 Like

Divide and conquer,

Remove half your addons to a different folder, fire up the sim if fixed the issue is in the removed half, if not divide again and so on. Repeat until you bring it down to the offending mod.

3 Likes

If you like pink, leave it as is so you don’t have to go through all your add-ons. Or remove airports only. When I install add-ons, I make sure that developer is “active” and keeps up with the SDK changes.

If you have a lot of add-ons, consider using an add-on manager.

1 Like

Just want to be very clear here… You are a forum moderator right? I have spent £1000’s on add-ons. Shall I just stop! then maybe other’s will too, if this is the attitude? If I like Pink…No I dont, but I expect some kind of support, If I was sat at ASOBO Towers I would be thinking “Ya know, this guy has a point, maybe some kind of CRC check to narrow down the issue, as it is clearly along that lines”

Or is this the thanks I get for supporting the Platform and the talented add-on dev’s freeware and Payware? Yeah I will interrogate each and every add-on dev to make sure they keep up with the SDK even though I just paid them $20+

WOW!!! The support on here is “Sometimes” questionable.

So is the attitudes of some people. All posts since your original have been trying to help.

You said that you were seeing this with addons, not the default sim. The post was merged by the Mod which introduced a possible solution for an issue which may be caused by addons, not the default sim.

Other people also pointed out a way to try and narrow it down, but you could not be bothered because of your £1000s of addons. (Did not realise there were £1000s of addons for this sim already, my guess would have been in the £100s.)

Purple or Pink Tiles at Airports? - #9 by Hester40MT?

If you use an addon mod it is easy to swap out addons, I’ve done it several times to identify rogue mods. It’s not even gonna cost you any money as one of the best addon linkers is free

no there is £1000’s if you look at simmarket, Contrail etc… direct. But the point is this.,
It take on average 6 mins to start the sim.
Going thorough 300GB of addons is going to take a while. I am sure there is scope for a utility to aid in tracking down rouge textures.

It would be very helpful dont you think…Answers like do I like pink are no good, and yes going through add-ons is garbage to find what causes it.

If I rename my community folder and start its ok.

I think there are now two different reasons for this. The first is a missing texture.

The second is a more recent occurrence and it only occurs from a distance. It can’t be a missing texture because I’m seeing it in airports I’ve created too and I can’t use a texture I don’t have.

I think it’s something to do with caching but I’ve yet to figure it out.

1 Like

I only see this at one airport and that is Superspud’s EGOV RAF Valley, remove that addon, the pink textures go away. I also only see it at a distance so it goes away as I get close. Clearly in my instance as it doesn’t happen with the default, it is a problem with the addon.

I like the airport mod for what else it brings so I put up with it and hope it gets fixed in a future mod update.

People have reported the same at the Cardiff I did as well.

Like I said if it were the missing texture thing I wouldn’t see it, but I do. And it would be close up as well.

I’ve farted around endlessly with all sorts of variations but still don’t know what it is. Obviously it’s got to be something. I’d love to know what.

Lots of users of mkvy’s Gatwick are now having it as well.

2 Likes

I solved this by going through all the add-on airports I have, took 2 days to narrow it down, It was an old one from Flightsim.to I had forgotten about. I am not going to name it as it I feel that isn’t fair, but it is in the USA in Idaho. It has been updated.

idk why but many many airports have checkerboard textures , like kjfk , nukla and charles de gaulle too , i tried removing everything from the community folder and restarting and then reinstalling kjfk through the content manger too but to no avail

Hi @Sasuke7371, after removing them, did you delete your rolling cache? It may be stored in cache.

yupp i already did that and still nothing happened , as for now im pleased to report that the issue has been fixed and the only thing that fixed the issue for me was a reinstall and now it runs pretty well without those checkerboard textures, my best guess is that it must have been a corrupt install.

1 Like

Well … I tried all the workarounds, fixes, etc. (including a “Repair” and “Reset”). Nothing worked, so I had to bite the bullet and do a complete re-install - which (apart from the D/L time) wasn’t that painful.

Pink textures now gone!!!