Pushback tugs...ahh the little things

U.S. airports almost entirely use small tug for airliners by default. doesnt matter if its a large airport or gate or not. I do get the large tug, of all places at KABQ,Alburqueque, NM. Why is that? doesnt make sense. using lvfr-na & lvfr-eu. In europe i get the large tug almost everywhere. Someone please put this to a logical explanation. is this hard coded or can it be altered in a config file?
thx

Do you have any screenshot on what you define as “small tug”? Are we talking about a smaller aircraft tug “car”, or the one that looks like a tiny yellow warehouse forklift with a person standing on it?

LVFR-NA and LVFR-EU replaces all these tugs, and they’re third-party.

This small car?

Or this small tug?

I would say that of greater concern is who thought it was a good idea to airlift in both a fuel truck AND a tractor tug to a 700ft grass strip on a remote Pacific island. I was more expecting to see chickens scattering as I taxied up to the grass roofed shack, not three guys in yellow jackets marshalling me in to my parking spot. :man_facepalming:

here it is

The available Ground services is depending on the parking type (Ramp GA Large/Medium/Small, or Gate Heavy/Medium/Small) not the ground material. So if the grass airport is set to use a Ramp GA Large, then you’ll get all the ground services like large ramp stairs, large pushback car. If you spawn as a large airliner.

@OldScissors2519, I’ve actually never seen this car before.

I’m guessing you missed that…

An airliner might be overkill. Not sure the jungle is far enough away that the wings would fit. :wink: If I can just squeak a Baron in, GA Large may be a stretch.

Nope, I didn’t miss that. But that doesn’t stop the sim from allowing you to spawn an airliner in any airport, including grass strip airports. But it’s still depends on the parking type, and the ground vehicles associated with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.