QF1 Darwin to London Heathrow Non-Stop

One of the world’s longest non-stop flights for those who are interested. 16 hours flight time and at least 4 step climbs. Currently flying heading 360. The great circle and prevailing headwinds is one of the incredible reasons why to get from Australia to the UK, flying North is the quickest route. You wouldn’t naturally think the quickest route from Australia to London will take you via Finland and St. Petersburg. If you fly via Emirates you will spend most of the time in tropical/subtropical air. Is only in peak N.Hemisphere summer that QF1 might have issues with convective weather over China and Siberia.

The Sydney to Darwin leg of 4 hours also has the QF1 flight number. As QF1 is Sydney-Darwin-London Heathrow.

QF1 from Darwin to London Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

2 Likes

Are you in the cockpit ? :wink:

No. I only have 787-10 and it would probably CTD before even leaving China :joy: The 747-8 might not even get to pushback if you adjust the range on ND.

1 Like

The 787-10 will have difficulties to do this. The +1000nm range of the -9 is welcome here.

Or wait for the 787-10HGW comming up.

Nice trip anyway! Just like to know how many captains are aboard on this flight.

2 Likes

I think 2 Captains by title and the first officers will probably be high hours, having served as Captains on other fleets. This 787-9 just about manages with range but I expect they are probably tight with luggage weight allowance being complied with, config is pretty low density.

Economy - 166
Premium economy - 28
Business - 42

Not that much more payload than an A321Neo😜

1 Like

if memory serves me right the flight deck crew consist of 4 normally 2 pilots and 2 FO who “rotate”

1 Like