Quest 2 not working

I’m about at my wit’s end here after two days. Quest 2 will not work–I get sound through the headset, but no image. Just a black screen.

–I have MSFS installed directly (no Steam) on an ASUS G14 gaming laptop, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q
–All software current or updated as far as I know
–I have the Quest attached via a 2-foot USB3, and the Oculus app recognizes the Quest, so I assume this is Oculus Link that we’re talking about
–I’ve tried pretty much all the setting tweaks I’ve seen posted, including turning off HDR, disabling something about FOV stencil, and some others
–I boot up the computer first, then Oculus, then power on the Quest, then launch the sim
–When I try to activate VR in the sim, nothing happens. If I’m in the goggles, I see the Oculus dashboard, then once I click Link/Rift or whatever, it goes to the blank screen, and I start hearing the FS music through it, and once I launch a flight, the airplane itself. But still no visuals.

I feel like there’s one single piece of information that I do not have, so any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Make sure you try a powered USB 3 port, that often helps in these cases…

I am still in the very early stages of getting it to work, still now there yet, but one thing that has helped is following:

Go into Oculus Application on your computer launch it,
Make sure you have the Beta -> Public Test Channel activated.
This should push the new V24 of the software . Install it restart
Launch Oculus Application - > General -> Unknown Sources to On
then try CTRL +TAB when sitting inside the plane!

Hope this helps

I can get my Samsung WMR headset to work, but not my Quest2. I set the windows app under beta to tunr on public test channel, but I only have vs 23 & not the latestest v24 beta? Anyone know to to force an update.

I’ve set my regestry key to point to the occulus OVR file as descried elseware in this form, but when I hit the VR key, the heatset screen seems like it trying to connect with an hourglass but nothing happens??

Any help would be appreciated.
Ron

when you plug in your Quest to the USB3 make sure you hit Disable on the first Allow popup you get. Have your oculus control handy since you need to do this fairy quickly.
Then after this you should see the Enable Oculus Link option which you want to enable.

This is easy to overlook and then you cant get the headset to work.
Let me know if this helps

I finally got it to work. I needed to update the occulus software. I switched the beta test switch but it did not download the new version for a couple days. So working now - thanks for all who helped.

I have the same setup and can’t for the life of me figure out how to activate VR in cockpit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.