Quest2 with v33 (HMD and PC) provides a sharpened image

You have to scroll down below the Developers menu item. I just found it myself.

Yes thank found it found also in quest 2. So I have also both updated to v.33. There is some new option to enable or just better clarity is automatic?

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s automatic, but I havenā€™t noticed any difference.

Oh, apparently thereā€™s a new option in the debug tool for it. I havenā€™t looked yet, but someone else said there was.

Yep, there is a new option in the debug tool called ā€œLink Sharpeningā€

Set as enabled rather than Auto.

1 Like

Eureka! they have done it! VR is much clearer now with the new hotfix and version 33 Oculus quest 2.
I adjusted that new raymached slider to high before my trial flight. WOW! less brightness glare,can see farther even the dials ā€œCessna 152ā€ I do not have to lean in to read, clear as a bell. Mountains in distance discernible not washed out white blur anymore even the clouds are better-super pleased.

1 Like

@creekflyer9722 could you explain this bit and where you made the change? Does this help with brightness issue?

It maybe a new slider in the VR graphics options, never noticed it before,but did read this morning on the net it makes a difference. I donā€™t even know why or how. But that is what I slid up to high setting.

Iā€™m not seeing any difference with the new link sharpening option in the debug tool. Buttons in the cockpit are still fuzzy & mid/far away terrain is still hazy and blurry.

• What are your settings
    • in oculus home
    • in oclulus debug tool
    • What is your TAA resolution say xxxx X xxxx
    • In oclus debug tool, have you set Link sharpening to Enabled.
    • Specs of machine CPU, Ram and GFX card.

I stopped using debug tool months ago
Oculus is used via airlink,standard
Havenā€™t touched TAA is as default
Nitro 5 laptop Nvidia RTX 2060 6 GB video ram with latest game driver for MSFS 2020 optimized for MSFS in geforce experience.
CPU has 16 GB ram.

I use OTT and not ODT. But I not understand why the new firmware update is related with ODT.

No V33 on my quest 2 so i am trying the manual update, but its in progress since about 5 minsā€¦ PC screen shows 47%, Quest 2 screen shows a circle and a progress bar at about 20%ā€¦ nothing is moving moreā€¦
How long does it takes ?

Edit :
uuhhhhhhhh frightening processā€¦
i waited about 20 mins, no progressā€¦
so i just click again in the command windows, juts after the 47% and enter, and, surprise it moves up to 100% and doneā€¦ !!!
then about 2 mins with black screen, then a question about fingerprint to accept, and reboot and v33 is here ā€¦
whaoā€¦
now i can test link sharpening !

1 Like

ODT is part of the oculus firmware while OTT is made by a third party. Maybe they will impliment it in OTT later on

yes, but if u have some specific settings in OTT, then launch first OTT and after ODT and u will see your OTT specific settings in ODT as well, then u can just set link shapening in ODT.

Oh Thanks I will try that. I foun ODT to Ver 32. Is this last version, or aldso ODT is updated to v.33?

Ceck on youtube for manually install over adb. ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Otherwise wait some days, facebook increase the pool fot the updates week after week.

Someone know what is the option in ODT about Super sampling in OTT? I have set SS 1.2 in OTT I would like set also in ODT

1 Like

Oculus home: 70hz at 1.5x (4704x2384). A higher hz isnā€™t stable
Debug tool: I play around with these a lot, but usually something like:

• 1.5-1.7 pixel override
  • FOV: 0.75;0.75
  • ASW: disabled
  • Curvature: Low
  • Encode resolution width: 3664
  • Encode bitrate: 50 (increasing this doesnā€™t seem to do much for me)
  • Link sharpening: enabled

I usually set the in game rendering to 80ish & use a mixture of ultra, medium & low.

i5-9400F
32 gb
RTX 3070

if your settings are done in OTT then launch OTT first and after launch ODT, it will take the settings you already set in OTT