Question About Auto Pilot (King Air 350i)

Working exclusively with the King Air 350i for now.

Here are my problems (I don’t know if they’re bugs or if I’m doing something wrong).

1. Often, when I’m attempting to input target altitude the knob will begin advancing the altitude on its own, whereupon I’m not clicking on the knob with my cursor. The only way to stop it is re-synchronizing to current altitude, which zeroes out my input. What am I doing wrong?

2. As with #1, above, when inputting a target heading, the knob will sometimes commence rotating nonstop. Again, the only way to stop it is re-synchronizing to the current heading. What am I doing wrong?

3. Sometimes, when I’m able to setup the desired target altitude and heading, when I engage AP it will allow me to select HDG or VS, but not both. If HDG is set to On, clicking on VS (or FLD) will toggle off HDG and vice versa. What am I doing wrong?

4. In cases where I’m able to correctly input the desired heading (or set APPR) and target altitude, with AP, HDG (or APPR), and VS (or FLD) engaged, VS will shut off before the target altitude is reached. HDG or APPR also disengages simultaneously. Is it possible this happens because VS exceeds the King Air’s safe climb rate, or is it something else? Am I missing something?

My concern here is trying to differentiate between potential user error and possible bugs. If my questions have been asked before, I apologize; I did attempt to research them.

#1 & #2 are definitely bugs, I get this in other aircraft too.

I haven’t seen the other two issues before, but given the user to user inconsistencies of this sim, that doesn’t mean much. Hopefully someone else can chime in on the last two issues.

1 Like

Oddly, with the exception of one runaway knob, AP has been functioning perfectly today. So much less confusing to learn this stuff when everything is functioning. Did flawless hops from Shannon to St Johns and back in the CJ4 and the AP was shear joy. So nice to be able to do housework during these longer flights.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.