Questions about Gibraltar Scenic Life

On Simmarket there is the “GA version” of Gibraltar Scenic life. General Aviation should be able to put on their strobe light and the rails should go down stopping pedestrians and cars from crossing the runway.

It says it works with all GA except Boeing. What if a plane doesn’t have a strobe?

For Airbus, it says you have to purchase that Marketplace edition. Does the Marketplace edition only work for Airbus and not GA? Does the Marketplace version work with the LVFR A319 and A321?

If you want to land a Boeing here, I take it neither version works?

I’m confused, because it seems I have to purchase this twice. I have to purchase it once for GA aircraft, and then if I was to land Airbus I have to purchase it again in the Marketplace. And I’m not sure what to do with the 747, 787, or PMDG’s 737s.

On Xbox it only says the airbus. I usually fly smaller TP or GA. I wonder if it cares if you just fly through the traffic if it doesn’t get out of the way… I want the other stuff, only crossing the intersection on the runway for a few seconds. Most the stuff I fly only requires a comically small amount of a commercial runway to function, I’m usually off before the threshold where ATC starts me.

I did get an answer from Samscene on their Facebook. Yes, the marketplace version works with all Airbus’s, so the A320, Fenix, probably IniBuilds upcoming A310. It does not work with GA or Boeing (but in real life there are no Boeing going to Gibraltar). For GA, you have to buy from sites like SimMarket etc. However that version only does GA, it doesn’t do Airbus. So I will have to get both versions and use Addon Linker to put in whichever version I will need at the time.

Thanks for the info on this. I was just looking at it in the current sale but this sounds like a total mess.

I fly a range of aircraft, to be honest I think they’d be better off not having this traffic crossing the runway at all if they can’t make it work generically.

The other enhancements sound worthwhile but I’m going to pass because if it ruins the runway for half the aircraft I might fly then it’s just not useful.

It’s obsolete now in any event as traffic no longer crosses the runway.

1 Like

Oh they have changed that? So it is fixed? They didn’t update the marketplace description.

No, no changes, hence it’s obsolete.

Winston Churchill Avenue is actually still open to pedestrians only for the moment, but that’s likely to change. It’s just closed to road traffic.

So is there a new road then, because I thought that was the only way to pass the airport to get in from La Linea?

I see RDPresets’ version is also on offer in the current sale — maybe that fares better?

Oh I see, so the road is removed IRL and the scenery needs updating. Glad I checked!

All road traffic now goes via Kingsway, a new road / tunnel curling around the eastern side of the airport.

3 Likes

Oh that’s sad in a way but understandable nonetheless. Glad I went to Gibraltar before they opened the new road.