Questions about Spad.Next

I’m thinking about buying Spad.Next as I’ve heard good things about it. I downloaded the trial after watching a few videos on YT. However it looks like the current trial does not have all of the features I see in those videos (they are all running the latest Alpha, which cannot be enabled in the trial).

Pretty much all the planes I like to fly as for example the Kodiak or the Just Flight Arrows, CRJ, Bonanza have completely different elevator and roll sensitivity settings. So I’m constantly switching profiles in MSFS. So I would mainly use Spad.Next to set up the elevator/aileron sensitivity per plane and let it switch to the right profile automatically. Can this be done? Because in my trial, there is no response curve menu, so I cannot test it. That’s why I’m asking.

You can do that, yes, although the axis sensitive settings is the one area where I prefer the sim’s own interface.

1 Like

I am surprised that you can not set the curves in a demo mode. Oh well, the curve adjustment works very well which I use for rudders mostly and a little bit with the yoke. What I like is when a plane is switched the profile does the same.

I use Spad mainly because I have Saitek stuff and it works very well with out the logic tech drivers. SpadNext also lets you execute more that one command to a button. Lastly, spad has a LVAR wizzard so there are a number of MSFS data change. A example of one is Master Batter with parameters 1 to turn on and 0 to turn off. Much better than Toggle Master Battery that turns battery off or on no matter where the switch is.

MSFS 2020 did a wonderful job creating profiles for each aircraft but when a aircraft is loaded, the user has to go and select the profile. I would love to see a check box Automatically Change profile when aircraft selected in the future

1 Like

Is there a WISH Topic for this one ( assuming Wishes come true)

1 Like

I believe that you actually can set the sensitivity curves in the demo mode, which I am playing around with right now. I’ve learned a lot in only two days of playing with Spad.Next! I am looking forward to the complete edition and integrating Stream Deck XL and many more features to my sim flying.

Have a good one everyone!

Just a little follow up. I did buy SPAD.next eventually and I mostly love it. However, the one reason I was interested in in the first place, namely the response curves for the flight controls, is pretty much unusable in it’s current state.

Controlling the curves is so finicky, there is no mirror option, so there is no easy way to get symmetric curves left/right and most of all, the curves don’t get saved per profile. You basically set up one response curve and that curve gets applied to all profiles.

So, all in all, the default Asobo control calibration panel is still the way to go if you need to play with the sensitivity of your yoke or joystick per plane level. I mostly use Spad.Next for having different profiles for my Honeycomb Bravo, which is fine by me.

1 Like

That’s the way it goes sometimes. Two days ago, I posted that with Spad.Next sensitivity curves are only global, which was true until now and a little bit shocking given that the power of Spad.Next is to switch dynamically it’s settings. Well, yesterday a new update got released which enables one to save them for every profile.

0.9.12.45 Alpha

* Custom axis: Fix not fired for downshift ranges
  * Devices: Fix DeviceEventIndex gets lost. Disallow Serial for identifcation by default
  * Axis: Add Profile Settings/Curves