Quick test of wakes FX with Savage Grravel

Because the Savage Grravel topic is closed (some topics should stay open ! ),
I open this one.
It’s a video quick test of the new wakes FX with the GG’s Savage Grravel v.1.4.0
(post SU5). I’ve done it fast not working too much on quality or esthetic.
GunnerMan’s liveries (Coyote Ugly and Mount’N Ride) looks great.

4 Likes

It’s better than the nothing we had before but the effects added in SU5 are, by the standards of a 2020/2021 game, embarrassingly bad.

Play a game like Sea of Thieves and you’d be amazed at what can be done with visual fidelity in water spray. Not saying they need to be at the level of a game where you spend the whole time in a ship on the ocean but they’re barely adequate as-is, and they function like an on/off switch where there’s either no wake at all or the same amount of wake regardless of plane size/speed. And I have a sinking feeling (no pun intended) that Asobo is just going to check “water effects” off a list now and never improve them.

3 Likes

It seems like the wheels don’t rotate anymore when touching the water, that was so cool in the previous version, and the sound, and feeling the watter pushing you up.
Edit: I have tryed it, and there are sounds, and you feel the surface tension pushing you up, this is by far much better than the default aircrafts :slight_smile:

For the FX, that’s on Asobo’s side, if they improve them, all planes will have better FX I guess … at least we have some now.

And it took almost a year to develop these effects. Asobo had been saying these particle effects were nearly ready since last September!!! They look like graphics from 10 years ago.