Radical change of course for product development

You have no idea what my mindset is. And my world is huge. I have 5 kids (ages 17-33) that all LIVE Xbox and Playstation. They all fly on the computer and every one said they would never fly on the console. Since those will never keep up with the PC spec wise they wouldn’t get the same experience. I never said anywhere…wait, let me reread every post I have ever made …
Nope…NEVER once said there were no simmers on the Xbox. I said if MS had the brains that all their money should afford them they would SPLIT the two apart.

Why would you possibly be opposed to that? Are you scared you may pay 1/2 what I paid for and not get everything I got? LOL If that’s not it then seriously, what are you afraid of if it happened? We know it will NOT happen. But I still think it should. Fact is my sim is screwed up and I am 99.9% sure much of it is because of the Xbox code. I may be wrong. But you don’t know that I am. And I’ve written enough code and tested software for enough companies over the last 37 years to know why things happen in complex software. There is a reason companies write ONE set of software for the Mac and one totally separate program for the PC. Even MS writes one set of code for the PC for Word and one set of code for Word on the phones. At one time, they tried using kernels from the PC for the mobile version. It introduced a ton of issues. They then tried to make a set that would work on both. It made the PC version run like ■■■■. They stopped that practice. And here…now…they are doing it again with PC and Xbox. Stupid!!! Those who don’t study/remember history are doomed to repeat it. Some never learn!!!

Greg

3 Likes

Wrong, I did and I’m on Xbox. Premium edition plus another £250 in the marketplace.

I didn’t know the xbox version of premium was 120. My mistake on that one!

But fyi, if you care… I spent over $1700 (USD) on my computer. Over 600 on throttle quadrant, yoke, 1600 on new 4k monitors, and 450 on new high capacity SSD. All because I wanted to meet and exceed the specs they said I would need to run the sim at the BEST settings for the most insane experience. I am well over 1500 on add-on aircraft and scenery to date. And I will probably spend another 1500 in the next year at least on some new add-ons I know are coming out. Again, My investment is all based on what they said I would get. I was starting to get it and then the Xbox version came out. Sorry to burst your bubble…but more people noticed the decrease in graphics than claim there isn’t any.

3 Likes

No it’s understandable, you’ve invested a lot of time and energy and money into this hobby.

I think there is a bit of balancing that needs to happen. I can’t imagine that it’s an oversight from Microsoft and asobo.

If the software takes a natural course in the next few years I think it will split slightly as we are already seeing with the inclusion of graphics settings and the pre cache scenery, both of which do not exist on Xbox. Like you I work in it software and things are always changing.

I don’t know for sure but I imagine their best bet is to get the sim base performant good on both platforms, which I think they are trying to do before they give pc users with much more power at their disposal a lot of advanced options such as real time reflections etc.

Personally I think they should concentrate on whipping the game into shape, fixing the wind and weather and some of the flight systems.

Let’s hope they do that so it stops this blame game from escalation.

2 Likes

I should also add that I think releasing on xbox was always a part of its development from the get go, especially with Game Pass.

They will use the money generated from that to help develop the game over the coming years as game pass is incredibly popular, so bringing the game to a wider audience, wether they play it or not (it doesn’t matter) will bring in extra into the coffers.

1 Like

I am just downloading Hotfix2, another piecemeal patchup exercise intended to (if I read the Release notes correctly) fix some of the errors in SU5…why is the “mandatory” update almost 528mb ?
I will keep up to date with downloads but I am fed up with frustrations and disappointments with FS2020 and I will not waste any more of my time and money with this amateurish shambles of a Sim. SU5 was the final straw. Before that “update” the performance was just about tolerable,even if the Sim was under developed. So I have “fired up” my previous Sim and am rapidly relearning to fly PMDG Boeings on a Sim, which does not have the fancy graphics of FS2020, but is stable … with enhanced airports,and effective weather, ATC, and ground service add-ons is “as real as it gets”…as it was in its day.
I will keep up to date with FS2020 developments but I will not be using again it untill it becomes a real Flight Simulator, which has been done by MS in the past, and can be done again…if the will is there.

2 Likes

and i will say this again, again and agian…you have a very fixed mindset… why are you knowing what i paid for Fligh Simulator… perhaps i paid also for the premium deluxe, perhaps i am working for microsoft and paid even nothing, perhaps every microsoft fte get gamepass ultimate for free of charge, perhaps i won it as an price… .why DO YOU thnk YOU can ****** judge this ??? So learn about a gwroth mindset…

and i will say this again, again and agian…you have a very fixed mindset.

just sayin and just my 0.8 cent.

I never said this, and the rest of your post does not make any sense. These kind of rants do not belong to a forum where we try to be civilized and discuss how to improve the sim we all love.

When you talk about “we” you should say “I” because, I, for example don’t think the core is broken at all, on the contrary, it is an excellent simulation with only a few important features missing and a few bugs still present.

In 1 year 99% of these issue will be fixed and we will have the best flight sim out there.

1 Like

In one year? You mean to wait for another year considering there are bugs lasting from the beginning? I still tend to think everything depends on what target audience MS is aiming at, and honestly it now looks to me like their top priority are gamers which I completely understand from the business point of view if you want to make a quick buck. And yeah, I agree that the title should be split into two versions: for the gamers and for the simmers.

1 Like

I can tell you the target: sell addons and xbox. Thats it.

1 Like

Yeah, looking at the ■■■■ aircrafts they allow to be sold on the marketplace.

If you find one rotten potato, do you throw out the entire bag, or just one?

I usually don’t buy rotten potatoes.

1 Like

I see we agree. Pick the good ones instead, of which there are many.

1 Like

Water comes from the plumber and you can’t bake bread without it. Just sayin’.

Oh, I wouldn’t use that to bake bread.

Feel free to substitute the example professions with any other two professions that have nothing in common. :wink:

Amusing as this notion is, it’s the wrong one.

The decision has already been made.
Making “Simulator for Everyone” better is the only trajectory.

1 Like

Complete rewrite? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

The delusions are strong with some folks.

1 Like

The only delusion I see is this form of mockery, otherwise in my opinion @anon50268670 doesn’t seem to be delusional at all:

4 Likes