Rain, Icing Inside Cockpit in VR (right-eye only)

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:

Rain entering the cockpit from underneath the dashboard, and along the underside of the windshield support bars in VR. Able to replicate issue using Rain Weather Preset, TBM throttles at 50%. Also occurs in A32NX, rain enters above dashboard, and also inside rear windshield behind left shoulder. Issue is VR right-eye specific, unable to replicate in left-eye, or in PC mode. Also occurs with icing, ice inside cockpit on the dashboard.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Yes

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Rain Preset, TBM throttles to 50%

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
19-10900K 64g 3090 ReverbG2

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Sorry, I created a duplicate report today:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su7-windshield-precipitation-and-icing-effects-pronouncedly-bleeding-through-glareshield-and-pillars-all-planes/472505

The difference is - I saw you reported this issue yesterday, so obviously pre-SU7 and I didn’t get this problem with SU6 at all (I would’ve noticed because I was trying hard to get some icing the past week). But indeed, it affects the right display only.

No worries, thanks for confirming the issue. I attempted to get a video of the icing inside the cockpit as well…but like you mentioned, its been difficult to replicate icing conditions. Hopefully this will be addressed with SU8, along with the loss of volumetric lighting in VR.

Aw noooo… again? It’s getting dark in the PNW and will see in a few minutes.

Edit: Indeed… on the bright side, they fixed the ice light on the TBM but all volumetric lighting effects in clouds/fog with LL/Strobes etc are gone, at least in VR.

Unfortunately yes, volumetric lighting still works in PC mode, but not VR. I made a bug report for that as well.

1 Like

PC
Store
No
Precipitation and icing FX on windshield and partially fuselage bleed through glareshield and pillars
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

• Fly into weather with rain, snow or FIKI
  • Use C172 classic (possibly other planes affected)

HP Reverb G1 / latest WMR Portal/OXR/DX11

Finally ran into Live Weather icing conditions in Minneapolis, the windscreens are clearly misaligned in right-eye VR.

3 Likes

PC

Steam

Yes

Precipitation and icing FX on windshield and partially fuselage bleed through glareshield and pillars.
I have exactly the same issue tested only in the PA28-R 3 Turbo by Just Flight.

• Fly into weather with rain, snow or FIKI

Oculus Rift-S, I9 9900k, RTX 3080ti, 32 Ram

SU7

PC

Steam

Just to try flight recorder, but think it was happening before.

Precipitation and icing FX on windshield and partially fuselage bleed through glareshield and pillars.
Right eye only.

Flying in rain.

Win 11, Reverb G2, 3090Fe, 5800x, 32gb 3600.

SU7.

This problem is happening in all the airplanes that I have in the simulator whether they are from the sim itself or from payware, everything happens since the last WU7 update.

1 Like

PC / steam Ver / 10900kf cpu / 3080 / 32 gig ram / Windows 11 Os

Im also getting rain and Ice inside of all planes in the right eye only started after SU7.

1 Like

Same here. This needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Just noticed this on my setup too. Now that I’m doing some winter ops, right eye icing bleed is happening to me now. No addons, default everything SU7. Latest NVidia drivers.
Cheers

I also get rain in the cockpit since SU7

1 Like

VR - Windscreen effects over lapping in Right Eye (Not Aligned to windows) -Pic Provided.

Appears in current beta its not fixed

1 Like

Same here, Rain in right eye of VR, does not affect the game in 2D flatscreen computer monitor mode.

Used to work in VR really well, and the left eyes still does… this is on all planes.

2 Likes

Still the same for me after the official hot fix to SU7 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I can confirm that the problem is still present, annoying especially now since I fly a lot in winter weather

2 Likes

I’ll have to keep ahem my right eye on this situation. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

jk, but I will go check this right now. :slight_smile:

I can confirm it’s happening to me too… and only in the right eye. Using Reverb G2, RTX 3090, latest Nvidia 511.09 Studio driver. But it was happening on a few previous drivers as well. Got to be an MSFS problem, and I would think it would be easy to fix as it was never there before SU7 to my best recollection.

Hope this can be patched soon as it really spoils the immersion when there’s any precipitation going on at all.

And anyone visiting this topic who has the same problem but doesn’t post a confirmation about it… Please HIT THE VOTE BUTTON at the upper left of this thread.