Random CTDs with 1635787706893443909, type 5

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

NO

…Apparently I cannot create a topic in the community support section

Brief description of the issue:

Hi folks, I am experiencing random crashes. Not that frequent, but always annoying. Sometimes in the beginning of the flight at the gate, sometimes towards the end (descent, gate). Not mid flight so far I think. It’s always the same bucket ID and offset (see below). I am using 3rd party: FSRealistic and vPILOT, FBW Simbridge and Navigraph Simlink. If there are any hints to pin down the tool or other issue based on offset and bucket I will gladly take them. Thanks!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

PC specs and peripheral set up:

14900KF, RTX4090 …Drivers and such are recent. OpenXR(PimaxXR)

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Always the same bucket/offset

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

n/a

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

n/a

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

always this:
Bucket: 1635787706893443909, type 5
Fault offset: 0x0000000001507633
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.34.16.0

Hi @nitron76,

Your topic has been moved to Tech Talk to allow members of the community to help diagnose your issue.

Thanks,
The MSFS Team

Advice given on another thread:

First I would look over the following two pages on the support site:

Other things to try are:

• Empty your Community folder, where all non-Marketplace addons reside. The quick way to do this is renamed the folder e.g “Community1”, then re-launch the sim.
  • Turn off the rolling cache, which is in “Options/Data” I believe.
  • Remove any overclocks your system may have, be it CPU/GPU/RAM.
  • Turn off live traffic. You should see choices of AI, Live, and Off I believe.
  • Have no external programs connect to the sim i.e. LittleNavMap
  • Check display driver version. “Tech Talk” is where users will discuss driver versions, and reporting any issues observed: Tech Talk - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I’ve had this long standing feeling that external applications that connect to the sim via SimConnect can bring it down. I’ve even had one instance where I was setting up controls for a new plane, sitting on the ramp, half configured, and browsing simvars in SPAD. I was flipping a switch from off to on, then scrolling up, and down the list to see what changed.

I held either the up or down arrow key down to sweep through the list, and the sim crashed. That cannot be coincidence.

I now don’t use any external flight trackers. Not LNM, Volanta etc. For LNM I had another instance where I was on a group flight, and it had been going for 2-3 hours I expect. No issues whatsoever. At the last stop, for some reason I had opened LNM, and pressed the button to connect to the sim to show my position there. I forget the reason. Anyway, I knew even back then to turn it off again, but I forgot to do this, and left the tracking on. Five minutes later the sim crashed.

I think its possible to interface with SimConnect, and do something to it to make the sim fall over. I don’t know if its malformed queries, or perhaps too many queries in a short period of time, but since adopting this posture I haven’t had an inflight crash this entire year, even with multiple changes to things like my nVidia drivers, OS updates, SPAD upgrades, and so on.

Thanks for the response. I was hoping to get some information about the bucket/offset type etc since the crash typically happens then.Other than that folks should not need to go through these crazy hoops of disabling everything to the bare minimum every time someone reports a CTD. It’s the wrong approach and won’t help devs and gamers alike in the long term.
I tried to selectively disable 3rd party tools or tweak system settings and drivers for many hours now to try to pinpoint whats going on. There are some major tools like vpilot, fbw, i don’t want to fly without. Why can tthose endpoints they use not be more stable or leave more traces for trouble shooting - same is true for native components -especially rolling cache? If for example simmconnect is getting overwhelmed it should alert/log this as such. The same should be true for other spikes that might cause crashes. I don’t have issues like this with other games like for example DCS and there are certainly 3rd party modules in play too. Stable overclocks don’t cause issues with other apps as well. It’s only msfs.