Ranking my added paid for planes

I’m a fan of the Zenith, but I find it difficult to trim out level. I find when I work the trim wheel (Honeycomb Bravo) that small inputs seem to not do anything, then BOOM…all at once, and the plane either dives or climbs, but almost never levels out. That’s my only complaint with it. That might be realistic though, as the trim indicator only has a few settings displayed on it. It’s a beautiful model, and without doors, it’s just a fantastic plane to fly low and slow and enjoy the view, especially if you pair it with their Africa scenery. As the only bush plane available with a nosewheel, I can get it in places that I can’t get other planes because I can set the front wheel down and get on the brakes straight away. Solid choice.

4 Likes

Thanks for that info. I did not know about the Zenith. After seeing good review from AvAngel on youtube. I will definitely get it.

1 Like
  1. PMDG DC-6 - I think this is the most in-depth plane we currently have available. I have so much to learn, but it’s a very rewarding process.

2. Just Flight PA-28 (all of them) - By far my most flown payware plane to date, and I still think it’s easily the best GA plane out there. I can’t think of anything negative to say about it, and paired with a GTN750, they’re a dream.

3. FlyingIron Spitfire - Currently flying the Silver Spitfire around-the-globe route with this one, and just loving it.

4. Carenado Seneca V - I really like this plane, even with Carenado’s lack of systems depth. Just completed SkyPark’s Norway tour with this one and found it perfect for the task. Able to land ILS in low visibility that was common in the area, and of course, anti-icing capability is key. Also paired this one with the GTN750.

5. Aerosoft CRJ - Really deserves to be #4, but is still waiting on that SU5 patch. Great amount of systems depth, and a beautiful model. Video series and manuals are great too. After the 900 & 1000 are added, I expect this one to be flown a lot more.

There are a lot of honorable mentions to add here. I love SimWorks Studio’s Zenith 701 (just photographed a few of those at ArkanStol this past weekend and watched them in action). Huge fan of the Milviz Corsair as well, but just haven’t flown it enough. Need to fly that on a proper tour…perhaps Pacific or something like that. Really impressed with the Milviz Pilatus Porter and the FlyingIron Simulations P38, but both are so new that I need more seat time with them. I’ll be flying the P38 cross-country and fully expect to spend a lot of time in that Porter once their phase 2 is released as I’m really enjoying learning about beta descent and researching the different airports that require a beta approach. The Carenado Waco is a sexy biplane that I really enjoy flying, and the Sim Skunk Works G-91 rounds out honorable mentions. I really like buzzing around Italy in that beast.

7 Likes

100% agree, then:

3- CRJ: Excellent plane if you want to be busy on <2h flights
4- Spitfire: Flying low and high over Europe in the Spitfire is incredible, I love how it feels while flying (not so much on the ground)

All of these are my most used and are equal favourite, dependant on my mood :slightly_smiling_face:
Hype H145
MB339, with the addition of smoke, a true display variant.
PMDG DC6
Just Flight PA28
Flyingirons Spitfire
T45

Now impatiently awaiting the aerosoft Twin Otter and Just Flight’s Hawk T1/1A

Seems the toggle spoiler on the Eurofighter and other planes as well was broken by SU5.

But there is a fix mentioned here:

Speed brakes cannot be toggled to deployed position on most Asobo aircraft after Sim 5 update - Bugs & Issues / Aircraft Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Split the toogle command into extend and retract spoilers and it works.

Blue skies!

1 Like

On the Spitfire, for takeoff I move the trim wheel nose down twice and rudder trim to 0.7. Then I slowly work the throttle up to +7 Boost while pulling way back on the yoke until it starts to lift off. If I’m not forcing that tail wheel to stay on the ground, there’s no telling where I’ll end up. Could be in the trees, the water, somebody’s hangar, across a different runway, a farmer’s cattle field, etc. You just never know. Same thing on landing. Once I touch down, that yoke is almost all the way back.

2 Likes

I was undecided which one to get for my first twin engines GA plane. Choice between VR friendly carenado seminole or the more powerful carenado seneca?
After seeing seneca on your favourite list and also seneca has higher marketplace user rating than seminole.
I am leaning toward the seneca…!
I only started interest in SIM recently. All my previous purchases were purely based on good reviews and big engine sizes

I think I have a problem with the plane, on take-off it veers off the runway with radical turns that feel like I have a 30kts crosswind from the right that pushes my plane to the left, not even full rudder can compensate for it. I see others have experienced this issue as well, might be a bug derived from the Spitfire conflicting with other addons.

My favorite GA plane, by far, is the Carenado Mooney Ovation, when it is working. Fast and nimble.

Right behind it is the Beechcraft B35 Debonair. (Recency bias on that one - it’s a new plane).

Love the DC-6 with all it’s complexity. PMDG makes quality products with very good customer service.

The CRJ is good, but the A320nx is amazing and is free.

I recently bought the Pilatus Porter and the Electra and am enjoying them both. Having a lot of fun flying VOR to VOR on the Electra.

Basically, I just love airplanes and flying airplanes and I have only bought one or two that I don’t particularly want to fly more often.

Let me also say hello to my friend, the OP, @JoylessTunic738. :wave:

2 Likes

The Seneca is decent. A word of friendly advice. Do not base your purchases off the Marketplace reviews. You get some truly suspicious ratings in there at times. Better to use google and look at several reviews or just ask in here. :wink:

2 Likes

I too like the MB339, as a small jet it’s really fun to fly. I am saddened that on Xbox we do not have smoke effect :slightly_frowning_face: I hope that is added soon.

1 Like

I haven’t downloaded many add on planes as yet, I am still new to MS Flight Sim.
But of the ones I have here are my favourites:

F14 Tomcat - such a fun plane to fly, fast and agile. Really superbly modeled. I do hope that for Xbox they figure out a way to have the wings move based on speed, but for now I manually adjust them.

MB339 - I wanted a smaller jet to learn on,this guy fits the bill perfectly. Really smooth to fly, easy to land. A great starter jet or just one for sight seeing.

Junkers JU-52 - Iconic and modeled perfectly. What can you say about this majestic big bird! She almost floats in the air. With windows that open and great sound, she is a pleasure to fly. Plus we get water and ski versions. A must buy IMO

My next purchases will be the F15 Eagle and the Twin Otter

1 Like

I experienced the same issue before I overcame it with practice and by changing technique. I find that if I’m ever at full rudder, it’s too late, and I’ll need to abort takeoff and try again. It’s extremely delicate, for sure. I can have one of those aborted takeoffs, taxi back and have a clean takeoff on the very next attempt (same wind/weather/settings). The common thread for me is when I don’t do it right, it’s an issue of not having the yoke back far enough, or not hitting small rudder inputs early enough.

Yes.
P-40 used to be 1
Spitfire used to be 2
JU-52 moving up the list
Carenado!

-Jedi (R)

1 Like

Does anyone have both the Corsair and Spitfire?

If so which do you like more and why?

I like both of them, just haven’t had enough seat time in the Corsair. It’d be hard to find a flaw in either plane. Both have a great flight model, both have engine failures, etc. In the Spitfire, you can swap out the gun sight for a GTN430 gps unit, which is really convenient. Milviz has made the decision not to add modern avionics to an old warbird, and I certainly respect that decision, but that distinction between the two planes might be a deciding factor for a customer depending on how you want to fly it. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be without either plane. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have both if you mean the Flyingirons Spitfire. I don’t have the new one yet. I’d say I like them both but I’d personally go with the Spit first as it’s simply one of the most beautiful aircraft ever designed. The Corsair was initially a beast to get off the ground but they improved the characteristics in an update…either that or I got better at it!
If you like Warbirds then neither will disappoint you. Toss a coin :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, at Marketplace… some ratings seem to be based on price.

If you put the sweep control cover down (closed), the sweep SHOULD be automatic based on aircraft altitude and indicated airspeed. Are you saying it doesn’t work that way for you on XBox? If that’s not working, have you reported it to @DEAN01973 and the DC team?

1 Like