FlyBoy Simulations RANS S6S

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of a buzz about this one. The developer has done an incredible job here. She flies superbly well and the interior is a marvel. So much care and attention to detail. If anyone remembers the RealAir Scout and loved it as much as I did - this is the one to finally replace it for MSFS.

Only seems to be available at SimMarket at the moment.

10 Likes

Indeed, I think it is about the most stellar flight model I’ve experienced in the sim so far, and I’m really picky. Adverse yaw, which is virtually absent from many MSFS aircraft, is very realistic. It’s productive to practice coordinated turns with this one as it behaves correctly. It is my go-to bush plane at at the moment.

4 Likes

And the detailing is amazing

8 Likes

That weld detail is crazy! :slight_smile: I wonder if it’s modeled or a decal. I’m definitely going to check this one out… Thanks!

2 Likes

Good review here -

Looks pretty tempting but it looks like it’s only available via SimMarket and also has to be downloaded via their app? I’ve had a ton of issues with the SimMarket app so would much prefer to buy it from somewhere else. Hell I’d even prefer buying from the Marketplace. Guess I’ll wait until then. Got tons of other planes to keep me occupied until then though.

I’m happy to use the app for this one. I downloaded it, installed the aircraft and uninstalled the app again immediately. I’ll do the same for any updates, it just adds a few minutes to the process.

2 Likes

Yep, only via their app and that’s a no-go for me. There is no way I’ll install it on my PC, pity. If the dev decides to sell it somewhere else I’ll gladly get it.

I read somewhere that it is going to be released in the marketplace… just can’t remember where :sweat_smile:

There is nothing wrong the Simmarket app. If you set it up right you dont even need to worry about where it installs your add-ons. It is no different to OrbX Central, Contrail, or any other app.

I really do not understand why people get so upset over an app.

Set a custom Community folder if you wish?
And it tells you about Product Updates?

I really do not get the issue? Most things are one click installs.

As for the plane I agree, it does look amazing, but the problem is it is too close to already released planes I feel, and as such there is market saturation for this type of plane. You have freeware/mod offerings from Got Friends, P42 Kit Foxx etc.

4 Likes

From the review in the link above -

A checklist in virtual paper is included, which is a cool immersive feature, but we hoped to see a native MSFS checklist as well. The developer told us he had some difficulties implementing that but will continue to work on that particular feature ahead of the planned release in the Marketplace. A user manual is also coming up shortly with a forthcoming update.

I also don’t quite understand the issue with Simmarket unless it is a technical one. I find it a breeze to use and just as easy to uninstall once used. I prefer it to Orbx personally.

1 Like

I use the Simmarket app regretably, because I bought addons that I used to be able to download by using the website in a browser. For many addons, that is no longer possible and Simmarket forces me to install their app just to download or update addons that I purchased. I generally don’t like all these different addon apps because when you use an addon linker, it creates more work. They operate differently - some install the files directly to the community folder; some install symbolic links and have the files elswhere; some monitor the files they installed; some don’t; etc. It’s too much to keep track of. The problem with using the app and then uninstalling it is then you don’t get notified of updates. Avoiding them in general is actually a wise decision in my opinion.

3 Likes

With SimMarket I get notified of updates by email (or I see it in a forum post) . I’ve only bought this one and the Fouga Magister from them. I hated the ORBX system when I bought the Kitfox and would be very reluctant to do that again as files were scattered everywhere but I find SimMarket pretty straightforward. It installs everything into the Community Folder as per usual and I then get rid of it until there is an update.

As @WartedSummer2 said, he doesn’t want them installed in Community, he uses the addon linker.

@WartedSummer2 Have you reported this to Simmarket?
I think, also, that somebody up above said you can change where addons are installed?

You can also move them from the community folder. They are not locked!

And yes, with SimMarket you choose exactly where you want to install.

That’s his point. He wants to avoid that extra work. But, as you note, he can choose where to install.

OK if moving one folder from Community to another location is too much work then, no, best not buy this addon. First world problems eh! :grimacing:

1 Like

Some more interior details -

5 Likes

It‘s a personal thing, it doesn‘t have any practical reasons. I hate how they (mis)use the rating system on their website, I have written a number of honest 1-2 star reviews that never showed up or got deleted, which appears to be a common thing there. There is no reason why they don‘t offer to download from your webstore profile but only via the app except for reasons to install the app. If I had the choice to do it for convenience I might have installed it. But if they force me to go through the app to get hands on certain products I don‘t trust them. Too much shady stuff has happened in the flightsim community using installers to trust anyone anymore who behaves strangely. As I said, gladly somewhere else, it has nothing to do with the airplane.

Orbx have lost a lot of quality too since JV has left but as far as I can tell they have never attempted to screw me over.

2 Likes

It’s all about the money. The more they can stay in your face, the more likely you’ll spend money there. Kind of like the idea of credit cards. Make it super easy to spend money, and people will.

To be fair, there’s probably also a copy protection concept built behind it as well.