Rapidly loosing intrest

so many issues…they just focus on following the money with Reno air races rather than fixing core bugs. Really breaks the immersion of this sim.

1. click spot issues - having to disable lens correction
  2. loads of cloud shimmering / tearing
  3. floating lights at airports
  4. rubbish ATC
  5. control inputs keep being reset
  6. assitance settings keep resetting to easy
  7. hud disables when ATC window is open
  8. purple texture bugs
  • all the rest I cant be bothered to type out as it would take me more time than its worth!
3 Likes

Buh-bye then!

1 Like

I’m not losing interest. I just want to fly. But it seems that every update puts more and more obstacles between me and being able to enjoy a problem free flight where everything works as it should and doesn’t require me spending hours troubleshooting installer issues, downloading community fixes, reconfiguring settings, etc.

2 Likes

Same here. Hate to see broken features after a new update. Lack of proper QA testing.

You read the thread title, correct?

Not one person here forced you to open the thread and read it.

5 Likes

Thinking the same when I read the post. Triggered by some posts and telling people to leave things alone for a while. Maybe heed that advice and skip over the posts so you don’t read the blah blah blah.

5 Likes

Well, that’s it. I’m leaving this thread.

I’m really going, don’t try and stop me. :joy:

2 Likes

With respect, the most telling line in your post is " in my case…"
Maybe the clue is in that line. Examine your setup. It matpy be of great benefit.

1 Like

This is such a clickbait thread god. Really? Losing interest all because you forgot to backup your settings, really? I imagine from the title the complaint would be something along the lines of the game heavily crashing, the weather system totally haywire and broken, or that there isn’t any study level aircraft coming soon. Forgetting to backup your settings is such an easy fix IMO.

4 Likes

See my first response in this thread.

I am pleased I kept X Plane 11.50 as I use it as my goto sim and MSFS is still an experiment for me. I hoped one day MSFS would be my only sim but its just a sidekick sim.

The problem about comparing this to DCS is that MSFS renders the whole world with the cloud while DCS only loads a certain limited map, it is not rendering the entire world like MSFS does. That is why DCS is pretty stable and does not create a lot of issues, it is simply a sim with broken down maps that are limited in size. That is why they are able to achieve so much detail in one given level. As for study level aircrafts, every aircraft in a sim is limited in terms of the simulations of an aircraft systems, frankly because the manufacturers do not want a full replica model in a sim. Take PMDG for example, they are a officially Boeing Licensed Product but have restrictions on what they are able to simulate in a sim, thus you do not get the full simulation of all aircraft system to the real life counterpart. Exact same thing with DCS.

In the end, DCS is more concerned on aircraft models and their simulations while MSFS is more on creating the base sim, and giving the tools to other 3rd party devs to create their own study level aircraft. That is why half of their aircraft that they released are just the bare minimum because they stated that they where not really trying to create study level aircraft and in fact where going to leave it to third paty devs. The fact is, they are trying, it is just to complex for any team now a days to handle, only a select few can do it, trying to update the SDK regularly, providing optimization improvements, giving updates for the world sceneries, maintaining the backend that downloads the photogrammetry for you, all those partnerships as well that download live weather from Meteoblue and the navdata as well.

1 Like

Be honest, when has ATC ever been good in a sim? No sim really tries to get the ATC portion right, if you want realistic ATC, VATSIM or others are really good. The Assistance setting and controls being reset, I have only experienced it once and that was with SU7, all others kept my setting in tact perfectly.

1 Like

I don’t understand… Except the rubbish ATC which is here since FS2004, I’ve nothing of this…
Is it because I pay attention to keep my addons up to date ? Yes, it takes a complete evening, I agree…

The best thing to do is to take a break or just understand that this is not the sim rule them all.

The scenary is great and that is what we basically came for but the fidelity is not there and will not be there for a while. I was expecting a ready sim that would only be expanding but it simply was not ready on release. And by the time it started to look like something the sim was adjusted for Xbox…and then we took a couple of steps back. This is the dance. The update process is mandatory, get over it. The breaking of things that worked should be priority but it is all about moving forward.

The only thing one can do is sit tight and follow the ride. Personally, the Reno air race module is of no interest to me. I have been playing games for a while, the cheaters always end up first, anyone who has played competitive online gaming knows that the cheaters always find a way and there is no way around it. They even found it here, a casual sim for flight enthousiasts, it is how it goes.

Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

I think this thread has had a good run now; I see the OP has not returned to contribute.

@Oldtimer7432 If there is a particular issue that you would like to log as a bug report then there are two options:

1. Use Zendesk to file a ticket; click on support at top right of the forum.
  2. Search for an existing bug report that matches your issue and contribute in that thread or, alternatively, create a new thread in #bugs-and-issues:miscellaneous if no existing appropriate thread exists.

I am closing this thread for now.

4 Likes