Re-assign Logi Throttle Quadrant Axis/Sliders : Prop to Throttle

I added 2nd Throttle Quadrant but cannot re-assign the axis/sliders i.e. Prop to Throttle etc. so that I can use them with 2 engine planes. I believe X-Plane allows that.

Is there any similar option with MSFS 2020 that I may be missing?

MSFS 2020

X-Plane 11

First of all, in Controls Options you should have two devices “SAITEK PRO FLIGHT QUADRANT”.
You need to create two profiles, one for each device (if only one profile, the two devices will share it).
Let’s say the first profile is named “QUADRANT TWIN_PROP A” and the second “QUADRANT TWIN_PROP B”.
If you bind levers as on pics, on Quadrant1 you’ll have the two left levers for Engine1 and Engine2 Throttle, the one at right for Propeller1.
On Quadrant2 lever at left for Propeller2, and the two others for Mixture1 and Mixture2.
You’ll have to check if you need to reverse axis or not for each couple of levers (my settings should not be the same than yours).

And you’ll be the proud owner of this:

QUADRANT TWIN_PROP C

Voilà, voilà…

I am guessing both of your Throttle Quadrants are USB. I have one that came with Yoke (w/PS2 like connector) and other is USB.

I created new profiles for each with different names but I still don’t see the settings as per your screenshots. How do I bind levers? Is there any additional settings that I have to do?
Thoughts?

Throttle Quadrant 1 that came with Yoke:

Standalone Throttle Quadrant 2 with USB connector:

Yes, I have two USB Quads, but I had one before with the yoke and it doesnt change anything.
The yoke have an USB hub inside, you can see three USB connectors and another DIN connector for the Quad, but this one is also connected to the hub. So in fact the yoke Quad is connected in USB.

Please note since SU5, creating profiles and bindings became pricky and unstable, so if I insist on some points or way to do it’s not because I think you’re stupid, but only because I know it works like so. And often it’s better to have a little loss of time immediately rather than a big one after with no success in addition.
So please,follow each step even if you think it’s unnecessary, already made or a loss of time.
After each change, click on “Apply And Save”.
Dont click and validate too fast, it sometime needs a few seconds to update.
If something seems to be “strange” or not OK, dont hesitate to save, go back to the menu and re-enter in Controls options. After that dont forget to reselect the proper device and profile.

OK, let’s do it step by step.

• delete the two profiles you’ve created.

• close MSFS

• unplug the USB Quad, we’ll begin with only the yoke one.

• launch MSFS

• go in Controls Options

• in FILTER box choose ALL (pic 01) From now, always keep ALL in this box except to take screen shots !

• for each couple of Device/Profile, check you dont have an axis (axis, not button) already binded for throttle, propeller or mixture by typing the word in the SEARCH BY NAME box. (pic 02)

• if you find one except in a DEFAULT profile, delete it.

• Once you’re sure no axis in any profile for any device is binded for throttle, propeller or mixture, you’ll begin the bindings you want.

• Select the SAITEK Quad with the DEFAULT profile

• with the PRESET MANAGER (bottom of screen) create you new profile for this Quad (the one with 2xthrottle and 1x prop)

• be sure the new profile is selected

• with ALL in the FILTER box, develop POWER MANAGEMENT/THROTTLE (pic 03 and pic 04)

• now you should have all of the possible bindings displayed (pic 05), including Engines 4 to 1 with the differents options.

• apply the bindings for your levers as on yesterday description for this Quad.

• do the same in POWER MANAGEMENT/PROPELLER for the third lever

• dont forget “Apply and Save” at each step!

• quit MSFS

• plug the USB Quad.

• launch MSFS

• this time it’s not necessary to recheck all.

• create a second profile with it’s own name for the USB Quad.

• follow same procedure for the Engine2 propeller

• in POWER MANAGEMENT/MIXTURE bind the last two levers as described yesterday

• dont forget: to see all possibilities you need to have ALL in the FILTER box.

Hope it will work.

1 Like

I noticed I forgot to mention the use of “EXPAND/COLLAPSE ALL” button under the FILTER box.
It’s use is evident, no need to explain.

Waitnig for news.

@PlumbGlue67 Thanks for the detailed information. I will try it in next couple of days.

@PlumbGlue67 Got it configured as mentioned. Haven’t tested it yet in game with actual flight, but during configuration, I see all lever/axis responding as expected. Thanks.

Throttle Profile Names:

Used this as starting point for assignment:

Throttle 1

Throttle 2

Hi

I have a Saitek Yoke kit with quadrant pinned with some strange connector like hsbawa and I bought second one quadrannt with normal usb connector. My problem is mapping buttons. When I mark yoke on control panel msfs2020 all axis and buttons from the new one quadrant are available BUT button on yoke B1 is also mapped to the new one quadrant button T6. When I try search by inputs button T6 is B2. If I mark new quadrant button T6 is T6. I can’t use new quadrant because every button is doubled with yoke.
Any ideas?

It’s not a “strange” connector, it’s called a DIN connector :slightly_smiling_face:
Are you using Logitech drivers and/ or profile app ?
If yes delete them. (Logitech drivers are only needed for panels, not yoke, rudder pedals and quadrants, and profiles app is not made for MSFS).
Calibrate your yoke and levers under Windows, and verfiy all buttons have a different number, with yoke and both quadrants plugged.
In MSFS, if you have already created profiles, delete them, only keep the default ones (hoping you didn’t modified them).
From now, you’ll proceed one device by one device independantly.
Quit MSFS, reboot the PC, and only keep the yoke plugged without it’s quadrant, and no other USB device you’ll use later in MSFS (Keep your keyboard and mouse plugged :wink:).
Launch MSFS, select the yoke in controls panel, duplicate default profile to a new one named 'Yoke_01" for example.
IMPORTANT: Each device must have it’s own profile with differents names.
i.e. If you have only one profile name for quads, the two ones will share it.
Bind levers and buttons and don’t forget to save .
Quit MSFS, and do the same (profile, bindings) with the USB quadrant alone.
Quit again, unplug USB quad, and do the same with Yoke+it’s quadrant, but bind levers and buttons of the DIN quadrant only, without changing yoke ones.
Now, quit, reboot, plug yoke+DIN quadrant and USB quad, verify again under Windows they are not interfering between them and you have all your axes and buttons working.
Launch MSFS, verify each device use it’s unique named profile, and it should work.
Also, carefully re-read above procedures, as there are some explanations and tips I didn’t duplicate here.
Hope it will help.

Voilà, voilà…

Thank you for your quick answer
The first problem is that “old” one quadrant is integrated with the yoke, and it is on the same profile, for example, YOKE 1. After plugging in 2nd quad, it has its own panel (Saitek pro quadrant) and profile name “Quadrant 2”, but every button is available over the Yoke control panel with doubled axes and buttons from yoke and old quad :frowning: I did your procedure, but the problem didn’t change. In my opinion, the problem is that the new quad is available on the yoke panel and on its own profile simultaneously. At the Windows device profile I have yoke, rudder and “new” quad. I use it all the time on x-plane without any problem. Also have multipanel, radio panel and switch panel from saitek. Maybe I did some installation few years ago, but I don’t remember and for now I don’t know how to find it. I can’t understand how the new quad is available from yoke panel on msfs2020???

1 Like