Readability of the MFD/PFD in Asobo ATR 72-400/600

Hello All

Are you actually able to read the stuff like altitude and speed etc. in the ATR? I mean - I’m getting older - but that’s crazy small no?

Is there a mod that makes it readable for normal people?

1 Like

My eyes have seen younger days, and I have a heck of a time reading the displays in the ATR. So much so that I’ve hangared it, and if the mission calls for one I’ll take the (analog) Dash 7 instead. By contrast, the displays in the FSS E170/175 are only a bit larger but are far more readable. My feeling is that the fonts in the ATR are too thin (low font weight).

1. Get a cheap 8-10" tablet
  2. Install app Spacedesk on both PC and tablet
  3. (optional) Install mod MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
  4. Pop out PFD/MFD screens to tablet
  5. Profit

Good Idea! Gonna check the Dash-7 out :slight_smile:

I got you - but this whole pop-out is not so my thing…

2 Likes

I run a Series X console on my 86" 4K UHD TV and it’s absolutely clear as can be and I’m 65 years of age!

2 Likes

It’s not that its blurred or the like - it’s just way too small - speed and altitude can only be read when close up imho
Also - you are playing on a TV lol - that’s a bit different than a UWHD Display for a PC

1 Like

Largest UHWD is only 49-inches. You haven’t seen MSFS 2020 on an 86" obviously. It’s INCREDIBLE! And I don’t find the ATC cockpit displays small at all. Happy flying.

Back in time, when people began to have difficulties with their eyes they went to an optician for a new pair of glasses…
Fast forward to 2024: Yeah, let’s buy a 86" 4K UHD :rofl:
Happy :small_airplane:

2 Likes

Lol - I have glasses and with this a very good eyesight - but this HUD is just abysmal. I was surprised to see that this actually was implemented IRL. Compared to literaly EVERY other plane I flew in the sim - this is the worst. And by far may I add ^^

1 Like