Real co-pilot in VR

This may sound completely daft, but is it possible to have a “real” co-pilot join you in the cockpit in VR? So for example he would be at his computer, I’m at mine, yet somehow we’re in the same aircraft. Is this possible?

What you’re looking for is shared cockpit and that is not available yet. Search the forum for the wishlist item and vote

Currently “Planned” by Asobo. Speculation says shared cockpit is one of the “Surprise” features on the roadmap.

There is the YourControls mod but isn’t very good for complex aircraft (basically anything besides the default planes) and i think it’s a dead project

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. Good to know that the concept exists, even if it is still to come.

1 Like

Try YourControls.
It works with all MSFS aircraft and some 3rd party planes.
And it works fine in VR.

2 Likes

Is it possible in flightsimulator to give your vr-glasses to someone else for sightseeing and keep flying on another screen. Let’s say that I want to put my dad in a 2 seater jet, i give him the vr glasses but i want to keep control. Can I fly on another window with my own cockpit, I dont have to see what he sees…he will be looking around…i’m curious…will buy flight simulator withing a month…

i mean you could. Drop it into some sort of level flight and and give him the headset so he can look around. I spose you could move the plane around but getting it back into level flight might be a touch difficult if you’re controlling but not seeing the game.

that is, you won’t be able to have 2d on one screen and VR on another screen.

1 Like

Ow ok…that I wanted to know…so not possible… I saw somewhere that you can create a second, a third, etc window in flightsimulator. Thanks for the response!

You can, however its meant for people who are going to run their game with triple monitor.

It never hurts to try and experiment though…

1 Like

Simple answer is yes, your VR should be mirrored on your main monitor, that being said, it will be split screen (left and right eyes), and the viewpoint will be from the person looking around, however, you can still sit and fly the aircraft from the monitor while the user in VR enjoys the ride.

1 Like

The only way to have two players in the same plane in VR is to have two complete PC systems, both running a copy of MSFS, and of course two pairs of goggles.

Connect the two PC with „Your Controls“ and you have both players in the same virtual space.
But they can still not see each other…

1 Like

2 pc’s that run flight simulator…that’s a bit expensive :slight_smile: I’m still waiting on my new pc. From the moment I got it, i’m going to test it all out!

Going to experiment for sure, when the new pc is arrived…my system is from 2009…not really what you need for this to run :wink:

an upgrade