Real hanger

Hey, would be really cool if you could have a virtual hanger that you could place at any airport of your choosing that displays all your current aircraft to become your base. and you can walk through them in first person, if you start a flight from your base you start in the hanger!! Just thinking out loud!!

4 Likes

I like the idea, but I’m fairly certain I’d need a multi-floor facility, and it’d be one of the largest structures on Earth! :rofl:

4 Likes

lol I was just going to say that by the way some people buy up 3rd party planes, you’d need an area twice the size of an international airport just for the hangars for some folks. :stuck_out_tongue: I think you proved it. lol

This could be done, but it’s going to eat a ton of performance with multiple high quality resolution textured payware aircraft’s full LODs being rendered. It’s bad enough with the default aircraft at full LOD.

1 Like

Whacchya guys talking about?! I could EASILY fit all mine at Heathrow, if I could take over the whole place.

We’d need to knock down the silly terminal buildings and car parks though. You cam leave the control tower (that doesn’t take up too much floor space). Lucky I don’t collect airliners. I guess 8 to 10 of my planes could fit under the wings of an Airbus if I parked them cleverly :slight_smile:

Oh, but you want a roof over them all? Hmm then yes that’s an engineering challenge!

How about VR in the Sim. Walk up to a virtual VR headset and we are magically transported into a tardis-like building :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Go vertical, like Carvana’s automobile vending machines.

4 Likes

Lol yes indeed it would need to be a massive structure hahaha maybe just a hanger where you could choose your top 5 favorite aircraft to have in there​:+1::+1::+1:

I’d vote for this. :slight_smile:

If you built one of those big enough to stack an A380 on top of a 747, it would probably sink to the center of the planet!

And an FBO office that you can walk around inside, check the weather, plan your flight, and tell the line guy to pull your plane onto the ramp out front. We can dream. :wink:

You can actually do everything that the OP suggested in GTA 5. I wish Asobo had as many developers as Rockstar does.

2 Likes

An “FBO” in the main menu would be great, so you can check weather or whatnot before you choose on where you want to fly. Unless I look it up online beforehand, its always a surprise!

1 Like

It would be enough for me if I could spawn in a hangar, open the door, do maintenance, push/pull it out, etc… The one plane I’m using would be great. Of course that means click spots in outside view, the ability to walk around the plane, open the doors and hatches and oil dipstick ports, etc… And please bring the ability to change planes in-sim back, please. I said please. I could say pretty please if that helps.

1 Like

For the VR guys, it might be nice if the entire menu system and game UI were on physical 3D whiteboards in the hangar or office. I always thought looking at the game’s stock UI inside of that infinity room in VR goggles was so off putting that you’d avoid it as much as possible by getting everything setup before you activate VR.

But I think it would be cool if the sim just loaded straight into the hangar after you clicked the icon. No welcome screen (except maybe an animated cut scene into while it loads), no main menu, boom you’re just in the hangar and can configure all the options from there.

RAF cosford will do just fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.