Real time weather with non-real time clock

I’d like to be able to fly with real weather turned on, but at any time of the day at any place.
previous versions and p3d allowed for this.

now I’m seeing that weather and clock are bound - I’m in europe and if I want to fly over the US with real weather I can’t but night fly?

pls advice, thanks for your attention

When you open “Flight conditions”, select “Preset” from the “Weather & Time” section. On the right side, you can then use the preset “Live weather” and change the time with the slider on top of the presets.

2 Likes

Flight conditions are locked if you are picking up on a saved flight and want to continue in real local time.

You can at least adjust the time in Dev Mode and get it within +/- 15 minutes of actual local time.

“When you open “Flight conditions”, select “Preset” from the “Weather & Time” section. On the right side, you can then use the preset “Live weather” and change the time with the slider on top of the presets”

thanks for the information.
it appears that in this way, the weather can be untied from the time. Although I’m not entirely sure that it’s dynamic as in realtime mode.

imho, it would be great to have historical weather up to 24hrs over the entire earth in a future update.

It could be put among the weather modes section; it wouldn’t probably be neither difficult nor costly to implement - as i understand it, all weather comes from stations whose output is collected in several servers (like NOAA) and exported in textual format files (like METAR and GRIB).

The entire worlds’ weather, up to 100.000 feet altitude probably weighs only a few KBs of data.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you.
It would be very cool to have historical weather up to 24hrs, or in other word “delayed offset” to any online real time conditions.

1 Like

I agree totally. I want to fly in “real time weather” but not in “real time”. Mostly I fly in the evening and therefore I will have only night-time-flights when I want to use real weather. It was better in FSX with a separation of weather and tome.

1 Like

you can change time with real world weather. The weather will be live though and not historical.

Yes, I know that.
But local weather conditions change in daily cycle.
If I set sim time at night, I would expect colder air than daytime and wind blowing from land to sea.

Yes, it would be very nice to have a 24h circle worth of weather data. Why not make it a year… :wink:
They really should work on this, as the ingame weather is just static which is highly unrealistic.