Real World Pilots, please state your feedback about the flight model

CPL with 1680 hours in a Twin Otter (super hopeful to see one in MSFS), 1105 between various GA aircraft. The flight model, in general, is not far from being good in most aircraft. I think almost all of the piston crafts feel pretty much on par with their irl counterparts.

Turbines however (bar the 208 which feels pretty good) just don’t feel quite right in terms of power setting, prop pitch and trim surfaces being too finicky and sensitive (I have set my sensitivities to what I find to be appropriate).

I also hold an adx/aircraft dispatch license, and while I’ve never flown an a320, I know enough start them up, understand their systems and most importantly their weight and balance limitations. The current CG limits look off - not as bad as the Longitude, but enough to warrant some tweaking especially with forward CG limits. Moving away from the handling of the aircraft, avionics suites like the G1000 need to be vastly improved in features. I get that for the default AC I can’t expect the whole kit and caboodle, but there are basic features omitted that need to be addressed.

All in all, I concur with OPs statement that the flight model is “good” but can (and I’m sure will) be improved. I’m happy with it for launch, but look forward to seeing changes made in updates to come.

7 Likes