RealSimGear G1000 FPL issue

Greetings, I am using the G1000 Suite with MSFS. I have the G1000NXI MOD installed into my COMMUNITY FOLDER. When I push the FPL key on the LEFT MFD unit, I can insert the ORIGIN & DESTINATION into the unit. However, when I try to do the same thing with the right unit, the FMS knobs will not allow me to enter any data / airports. I have reinstalled the RSG Device Interface to no avail.
Also, I can see on the device interface that they are both mapped properly. I am able to access the FPL on the right PFD and select other settings but not the Airport data. I also cannot make any SETTINGS adjustments. Any ideas?

Feel your grief…and are slightly envious.
Hope you get it sorted.:crazy_face::blush:

Being able to actually push buttons instead of a mouse does add a ton to the sim however there is always the “THIS DOESN’T WORK and WHY” is always there. I actually unplugged the right MFS and recycled it and now it works. JEEZ!

Sometimes there are a simple solution to what appears to be an unsurmountable problem.

Have been eyeing the realsimgear g530 for the Twin Otter…but it (Twin Otter)does not pop out the screens as is.

2000$ plus for the two g1000 screens is just to much for me and I do not have the desktop real estate for it.

Glad you made it work.

1 Like

Thanks mate. I’m a Real-World Pilot but due to health conditions, my real plane days are severely numbered. I figured that if I was going to turn into a crusty old couch ■■■■, I would spend my children’s inheritance and build something that I would be happy with. This thing rocks although I am new to the G1000 stuff.
My planes all had 6-pack analog gauges and were LOW AND SLOW. Thanks again for the input

2 Likes

Update: Real Sim Gear had me send the unit back and a new one is on the way.

I’ve heard their customer service was top-notch.
I’m eyeballing their GTN750 myself.

1 Like

Yeah, it was quick and easy. I got the new unit back, installed it in 3 minutes and everything works now.

2 Likes