RealSimGear GNS 530 Laggy Input

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The connection to my RealSimGear 530 (and I assume the 430) is very “laggy.” Turning the dials and pushing the buttons works, but there seems to be a bit of a long delay. The actions are not instantly responsive. It suggests a timing issue on the digital acting tuners. Also found the same with the RealSimGear Com panel. These work great in the other sim I have used. It probably has something to do with the intermediate programs used to gain access from peripherals.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Interactive problem. Not really possible.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Turn knob. Delay till result appears on screen.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD 5950X 3080TI graphics 32MB. Multiple monitors. RealSimGear 530 and 430 and Com panel (350?) running through Com 3,4 and 6. Also running Knobster on Air Manager.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

N/A

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @pccman, just to confirm: this issue with the RealSimGear 530 only arose after joining the SU10 Beta?

I don’t have the RSG 530 specifically, but I have noticed that external hardware / software that communicates with the sim via SimConnect is indeed laggy since SU10 Beta. It’s ok when the sim is in main focus. A little laggier than previously, but not terrible. But if you’ve clicked out of the sim to use another app like Navigraph, LittleNavMap, etc and then use said external device, you can get up to 0.5 second lag from the time you activate said external control until its effect is seen in the sim. And this is new with SU10 Beta. It’s never done this previously.

Other hardware that talks to the sim natively (controllers) don’t seem to be affected.

1 Like

That is correct.

Following up on this issue, can you please tell me which version of the RealSimGear device interface you’re using?

RSG 1.6.2.0 Software with 3.2.4 firmware on 530, 430 & 350 Panels. I do note that theyhave put out a 1.6.2.1 since my last install. Will check that for differences. Update: Was unable to locate the 1.6.2.1. Version on site was 1.5. 1.7. It too is laggy. Tried it with DX12 and DX11. No significant difference.

Also finding with the latest updates that controls become unresponsive due to apparent loss of focus when other features such as the vfr map or another panel is windowed and you are in that window. Becomes sort of nerve-wracking when the yoke becomes unresponsive and you are reaching for the mouse clicking on the open windows trying to regain control.

Have considered trying SPAD.NEXT for controlling RSG, but that opens up another whole can of worms and possible coding requirements that are beyond my skill level at the current time.

Further update: Found the supposed 1.6.2.1. Its’ window is labeled 1.6.2.0, so I’m not sure whether RSG actually updated it or the title for the window is incorrect in the code. In any case, under all of the previously mentioned circumstances, the laggy behavior continues.

Last tested 7/20/22 with latest SU10 update. Still laggy.

Last tested 8/7/22 with 1.27.13. No change, still laggy.

Thanks for continuing to test with the latest builds! For future updates after new beta builds, you’re welcome to add a new post to your thread, rather than editing a post - this helps when we check bug threads for new developments.

Would you be able to share a video of yourself manipulating the peripheral and the resulting issue you are experiencing for our testing team to observe?

Note: if you are able to, please feel free to DM the video privately if you would rather not post it publicly.

That bug’s been in the sim since launch. It has nothing to do with the beta.

If you move your cursor into any undocked panel (like ATC, VFR, etc) or glass instrument (like GNS, GTN, G1000, etc), all controls to your plane stop responding until you move the mouse out of that undocked window. It’s always been that way. It’s be reported in the bug sections multiple times all the way back to launch but never addressed.

Sorry for the short clip. 5MB is a bit tight. Occurs on both Coms and Navs FWIW.

I agree. Find it particularly annoying in VR.