Record of Marketplace purchases?

Is there any kind of record for the purchases done in the Marketplace?

I bought 2 DLCs via Steam, yes I could download and install them, but there is no record of what I actually bought, in case there is a problem in the future.

On the Steam side, I have a detailed record and can see that I spent 17,99 Euros for an in-game purchase concerning MSFS, but Steam cannot tell me what I bought with that money.

3 Likes

This is feedback I passed on internally some time ago, I believe it is on the backlog.

1 Like

As a Steam user I have transaction history for credits purchased and also for credits spent on “in-game purchases” - that is it. No itemized transaction history that would identify what those purchases were.

At this point the trail goes cold.
There is no record of the transaction at my xbox profile.
There is no record of these transactions at my microsoft profile (loginlive - where my other microsoft subscriptions are handled)

In effect then neither Asobo, Xbox/Microsoft are providing an itemized reciept/proof of purchase to the user.

There is a history of forum topics (some closed, some still open) where users have bought something in the marketplace and it has not appeared or it has later vanished. With no proof of purchase this puts them in an impossible position with regards any dispute with support.

4 Likes

I was worried when this would be questioned. It’s one reason I wont purchase from the marketplace.

I’m also curious as to how I can save my purchase to a disk (if I were to purchase form the marketplace)? If I purchase something, I’d like to make a hard backup of the product I purchased. I have a hundred disks of all the products I’ve purchased for FS2002/FS9. I’d like to do the same with this. Does anyone know how to do that?

1 Like

You can save it from the install folder - it should be in the “Official” folder where you have your FS2020 folder.

Just look for the aircraft files and back them up elsewhere if you really want to.

I’ll show you one of mine so you can see…

The two highlighted folders are my Carenado purchases via Steam:

Whether there is more to them, I can’t tell you - but these are the main add-on folders. You may have your FS2020 folder in a different location.

1 Like

This won’t work really. Marketplace add-ons are validated via your xbox login. Zendesk support have informed me that it is in fact possible that sometimes add-ons may be “temporarily” missing simply because of this validation process glitching. Sign out/sign back or simply wait would be their suggested fix but this does raise the issue that the login serves as a licence validation/DRM and therefore if validation fails the modules are restricted/hidden.
Which raises the bigger issue that if something gets corrupted at your xbox profile end you could potentially lose the right to use that content permanently.

Simply having files on your HDD or backed up somewhere will almost certainly NOT be regarded as “proof of ownership” in a dispute as it could simply be suggested by support that those are file shared copies.

1 Like

Same issue for me. Purchased BAE 146 through marketplace with Steam credit now looking for update and it is released but not available in Steam or MSFS…This is stupid or should I say I am stupid for not buying direct
?

On the most recent Q&A Jorg discussed why people were not purchasing from the Market Place. For me the biggest reason I don’t like purchasing from the MP is the time lags firstly for product releases but more importantly what I find as incredibly long delays in product updates compared to instant updates direct from producers.

Similar issue/worries here. I recently made 3 purchases from MP, specifically 22-05-2022. The purchases were made amd donloaded AFTER I finished a flight session and exited to main menu. Then quit to desktop and shut down computer. 2 days later I fired up MSFS and started a flight from one of the airports which I previously landed and addon purchased (but AFTER the flight). Now once airborn there is sever lag with audio cracks and motion freezes - GPU usage goes down to 0% as well as GPU Power usage. I know 1 of the addons which is it but CAN NOT remember the other two… In my email receipts I ONLY see order numbers and flightsim credits. No actual reference of tha NAME of the addons! How on earth am I going to properly troubleshoot by uninstalling the other 2 addons which I can;t remember what they were??? Now I have to uninstall ALL addons or even uninstall the whole game and install one at a time! I am really p8888d…

Is there anything going on on order to get a proper receipt for marketplace purchases? Do I need to open another problem report at Zendesk? It is illegal (definitively here in Germany) not to provide a proper receipt and proof of purchase.

2 Likes

Where are my marketplace purchases stored in the steam edition?
Are the purchases then gone with a new installation?

Guys, I’m a newbe and I also am not seeing my marketplace purchases. Maybe someone can help me.

Last January I bought a new xbox, msfs (xbox version) on disk, and a couple of marketplace items (Kodiak 100, Vancouver Airport upgrade). I now have a new PC and downloaded a digital msfs on Steam. I no longer use the xbox and it stands in a corner ready to be sold. My PC (msfs) is great, but neither of those two digital purchases are showing up as “owned”.

Steam and MSFS are different and you can not “share” the add-ons. But thats also a different topic, and I remember about a topic not long ago where similar situation was reported from a user… ah … found it:

The topic here is, that Steam users see nothing else than that we bought “credits for MSFS” and not what we bought and that we have zero “proof” , nor an email, nor an “account where we can login”, etc…

I wish that i had known this. I wonder if the best course of action would be to try to somehow cancel my steam msfs, (and possibly get a refund) and then re-purchase Msfs through Microsoft. To me this seems risky and convoluted — just to retrieve my two or three marketplace purchases. Given this experience, I am inclined not to use the marketplace in the future.

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I correct in assuming that future addon mods (pay and fee) will work with my steam msfs download?

NanooseGuy

I own Steam and what I bought is available and works. The only point I have is the “transparency of what I bought” ( just the topic here ).

Whether a refund will be successfully I dont know… may be you can contact the support and explain the situation and the misunderstanding… Its just not clear enough ( and not a good solution in my opinion ) in special because users use the same account.

On other side I can tell you, that I never run into horribel gaming services issues , because Steam not need these MS stuff :wink:

I contacted Steam Support about the same issue. Their response was that they aren’t told “What Specifically” was purchased, just that “a” purchase was made in MSFS for that amount on that date.

Where possible buy from the mod developers directly or a third party store which does offer an itemized receipt.
(Yes, they exist but I think there is a forum rule that means I can not list them here)

Avoid the marketplace.
(To my knowledge not even MS users get an itemized receipt however they may at least be able to see their purchases listed in their Xbox game service profile.)

1 Like

Probably illegal in the whole of the EU…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.