Recurring crashes during VR after 1-5 minutes

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

With most current FS2020 version I have constantly crashes to desktop in VR after approximately 1-5 minutes into the flight. I use a HP Reverb G2. I haven’t flown VR now for maybe 6-8 weeks and I did not have that issue before, especially not this reproducible. Non-VR flights are without any issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n.a.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight at any airport. Switch to VR. Fly for a few minutes, suddenly crash to deskop.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia RTX2060 Super with version 551.23, DirectX 12

PC specs and peripheral set up:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Nvidia RTX 2060 Super, 24 GB RAM, M2 SSD

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

not existing

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Ok, found out that DirectX 12 obviously makes the problems. DirectX 11 seems to stay stable in VR. Can anyone confirm that?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Intel i9-10900K, Mem 64,0 GB, Nvidia 3090 Ver.:551.61, DX12, VR: HP Reverb2

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID

Bucket ID# 1687762260848578405