[REFERENCE] Compilation of the best companion apps to use alongside MSFS2020

That’s a great list! but I noticed most apps work with the Windows version of MSFS. Is there a similar list of apps that are compatible with the Xbox?

1 Like

None as of now and no news of any yet

Do any of these work with the Xbox version of the game… if not, will any be added to the market place in the future?

Great contribution!

I’m really enjoying BushTalk Radio both for hearing about POIs and adding my own.

Also the Addons Linker has been great for testing out combinations of addons for different scenarios and to try and understand what might cause a CTD.

Thanks to whoever added FSFlyingSchool to the list :slight_smile:

We also have FS Instant Approach for quickly setting up and practicing a variety of approaches, at any airport…

2 Likes

@GamerKingFaiz Just something I noticed, looks like the link to Grand Tour Flight Planner is dead

Have the forum rules changed recently? When I originally created this main thread only approved users were allowed to post in this section of the forum, which is why I kept the original thread linked in the OP as a place where everyone could discuss/suggest addons.

If this hasn’t changed, I’d ask that everyone keep discussion/suggestions in that thread so that everyone in the forum can participate in conversation.

Thanks, I created a new “Training software” section and moved both of your products into it.

Thanks, I’ve updated it.

1 Like

Here is the link to GTFP.

1 Like

Hello there! New Xbox flyer here. I’n getting better and better each day but I noticed everyone is using a website to plan their flight/charts and I’m kind of lost in your list.

Is there an app to download on Android to tablet that I could have next to me when playing?

Thx a lot.

Who’s “everyone”? :sweat_smile:

If you’re referring to simmers, you may be seeing Navigraph.
If you’re referring to IRL pilots, you may be seeing ForeFlight.

Those are both paid options though. There are a lot of free PC options available in the first section of this list (Apps for flight tracking, route planning, and charts).

Do be aware though as an Xbox simmer you won’t be able to “hook” into these apps and follow your flying in-app. You’d need to be on the PC version to do this.

1 Like

No app, but as you mentioned a website I think you may be referring to * [FREE] SimBrief (Worldwide) - Automated route planning.

On Xbox you would have to put the data given to you from the website manually into the sim.

Please add FSIPanel to the Training Software section!

I just learned about it because it was featured in the last Navigraph newsletter, it’s a training tool for practicing approaches and much more. Freaking awesome (and even supports the PMDG 737), the developer is a real world airline pilot and instructor, and his product support is excellent.

2 Likes

@Woodstock327 FS Instant Approach is a low cost alternative with similar features, and a free demo

I use FltGo or FltPlan.com on my ipad, I am sure its available on android. It shows aerodrome diagrams, and the STARs and SIDs for each eairport

Just a question. Is adding wind and gust settings to InstantApproach planned for the (near) future?

@GhostlyFrend

Thanks for asking an interesting question - and we plan to do this as soon as we can. This is something we had working well in the FSX version of FS Instant Approach and it led to some very interesting, challenging approaches! Have you had a chance to take a look at the free demo?

1 Like

I already bought both your products.
The other question was if you could add guidance for the Diamond Katana DV20 to fsflightschool.

@GhostlyFrend

Thanks for getting FSFlyingSchool and FS Instant Approach!

Yes the DV20 is a splendid aircraft and we can look at adding support for it in the next update we publish - there were 5 updates last year so it should not be too long.

If anyone else wants to suggest an additional powered airplane for us to support please let us know! Keep in mind that any airplane is more likely to get added if it is popular and included-with-MSFS or free or inexpensive - and that FSFlyingSchool is made for civil aviation and neither combat nor aerobatics. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello GamerKingFaiz, Your button layouts for Matric are very good and also seem exactly what I’m looking for to use as a base to build my own, especially because they have rotary encoders. Matric itself is sadly lacking in instructions/examples I think, but I am having difficulty in finding the actual link to the code/page, the community page just says " This is not approved yet" and I’also find it very difficult to navigate Discord. Could you possibly tell me how to get to it on Discord or wherever.
Thank you in hope you can help.
Trevor.