Regdesigns YYZ unusable

Anyone happen to know how Regdesigns has not come out with a fix for their initial release of YYZ back in March. I cannot use it at all as there is so much lag. I can’t taxi out and I also cannot arrive into YYZ. I emailed them months ago and they said it was being worked on. Still nothing. I’ve lost a little confidence in them and probably will avoid buying anymore of there stuff for now.

@Crunchmeister71 can comment further but I believe the lead Dev took the money and ran.

2 Likes

RegDesigns has collapsed. Their web site is gone, and they’ve basically given up. From what I understand from posts on their Discord and speaking to a few other folks, the lead guy in the team basically took the money and ran, leaving the rest of the team with no pay, none of the shared profits from the sales, no access to the online stores selling their wares (he’s still collecting money from sale), etc.

There was a posting on their Discord that the remaining team members were considering a new venture together, but realize how soiled their reputation is now as a result of this scam.

Consider it a loss. It’s not getting fixed. Get the FlyTampa version if you want CYYZ. It’s not as recent, but it’s good, and way better than the default airport.

5 Likes

Good to know or at least have an idea about.
I was also thinking something was up with them…
Too bad, I liked their PHLI. Simple but clean.

Wow I can’t believe it. I appreciate this response so much thank you.

No surprises to me. They were ghosting their customers since about 2 months after they launched this airport. That’s never a good sign.

Well I hope karma gets him at the end. I have heard good things about the flytampa version of YYZ so I will pull that trigger.

1 Like

I bought it and couldn’t run it due to lack of VRAM on my older gpu , eh? more like bad optimisation and the excuse is “we are full time college students.” Seriously you took our money and ditched.

Well apparently it’s the lead guy that robbed the entire team of all the money and made himself scarce. And he’s still collecting money from the 3rd party stores where this work is still being sold.

And that “we’re full time students” thing never flew with me as an excuse. The personal lives of the members / employess / partners in a business is of no concern to customers and has exactly zero bearing on the business relationship. The contract is simple. Customers pay, business delivers product. Full stop. If the business isn’t able to uphold that end of the deal due to their personal lives, they have no business being in business in the first place. And that personal stuff is of zero concern to the clients.

3 Likes

But wouldn’t the third party sellers stop carrying the product? they get the brunt of the complaints at first until they pass it on to “regdesigns” and if they don’t exist it also makes the third party seller look bad doesn’t it.

1 Like

3rd parties are resellers. They don’t provide support for the product itself.