[Release] EDDR Airport Saarbrücken

At this point I would like to show my latest project: Saarbrücken Airport (EDDR).

For those who are not familiar with this airport:
EDDR is a international airport in the west of Germany near the french border. It is located on a hill near the city of Saarbrücken. From here, both domestic connections and scheduled flights to various holiday destinations are offered.
With 1990 meters, the runway is long enough for wide-body jets like the A330 or the Boeing 767. But most time, you will see A320s, Boeing 737s and turboprops such as the ATR72 on the apron.

8 Likes

Thanks for bringing EDDR! Looks pretty accurate to rl!

This link might help people looking for the download site:
https://freds-airports.sellfy.store/p/ednl-flughafen-saarbrucken-for-ms-flight-simulator-2020/
Pricing model sounds very reasonable. I had seen this site before, but never bought anything.
I have never flown from or to EDDR, but it is quite close to the area where i grew up, so I guess I will buy this one soon.

Will definitely be purchasing this!

1 Like

Okay, bought it from Fred’s store. Checkout was super easy, fast download. As I wrote before, I have never been at Saarbrücken Airport, so I can not comment on the realism. But it’s nicely done, air side as well as curb side.
I did a flight from EDDR down the Saar to Konz and up the Mosel to ELLX (Luxemburg). Beautiful area, but room for improvement with WU6, especially hoping for a flat Saar river instead of the current ups and downs.

The Download System Looks complicated.

Without a premium account the Download Speed is under 100kb/s, and i have to Buy and Pay again for Updates? ( Both mentioned in the faq)

I would Rather pay More and buy from simarket or marketplace.

Only the complete free download has a limited download-rate about 50kb/s.

And until today, there was no update users had to pay for - and there are no plans to change this :wink:
I have updated the FAQ

4 Likes

Just had a beautiful sunset RNAV 09 approach in the CRJ. Really nice work on the airport. Didn’t expect this quality for only 1,60€. Much appreciated!

Bought EDDR today-it’s awesome!

Fred published an update for improved compatibility with WU6 via email notification, free of charge and with a fast download link. Great service!

Release notes:

• Various optimisation for World Update VI
  • Vegetation corrected
  • DME SAD antenna added
1 Like