RELEASE: MilViz Corsair for MSFS

Ok, now you guys have me going through all the manuals I have for the F4U-1D…

Here’s an interesting chart for those worried about the AOA of the airplane in cruise, etc…

2 Likes

I mistakenly posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry

Very interesting. Looks like the AOA at higher speeds is not off, but seems more off the lower the airspeed. This isn’t necessarily scientific, but:

Visually, the AOA doesn’t look right at the lower speed. And according to the chart, 6° nose up at 120 KIAS? Yeah I’m not seeing anything like that in the sim. Here’s 100 KIAS (10 °):

This all lines up quite well with what Wells said - too much lift per degree of AOA, and that CLmax should occur at a higher AOA.

This has been fixed in dev for the SP

10 Likes

Thats very exciting !

I apologize if this is in the post already, but at 1622 posts, I wasn’t going looking for it:

I have been unable to map the Corsairs throttle to my Bravo Quadrant. This is odd as I’ve had no other issues with mapping other aircraft. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?

I don’t have a Bravo and I’m sure you’ve thought of this already but I’ll try anyway :wink:

Are you using Throttle 1 Axis? (as in, not just “Throttle Axis”). Also, the Bravo has TWO levers for each thing, right? Maybe they are fighting each other. Maybe make a new empty profile (just to test and see what’s what clearer) and ONLY assign one lever to Axis 1 and see if that works on its own?

Thanks for the help, but alas I have tried this already. I thought maybe I needed to map the throttle to all four engines (like was necessary waaaaaay back before SU3 I believe). Then I looked to see if there was another throttle variable, but alas no good there either. It saddens me that I cannot fly this amazing bird right now. :frowning:

That’s weird then. I only have it using my Saitek X52 throttle but it works with the same profile as all my other planes which use that throttle as the input. No special binds required (just Axis 1, 99% sure) so that is really strange and I have no further ideas :frowning:

Hopefully someone will be along with the answer!

All four engines??? The Corsair only has one…

1 Like

Not this one, my four engined quad-plane Corsair…. J/k

But seriously, in Spad, you can can bind up to four engines, so I tried this option, thinking that may work; but it didn’t work either…

Blimey. Just imagine the pain with FOUR TIMES the torque to deal with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you binding it in the sim or SPAD? I’ve seen 1 other case with a corrupted profile. Maybe delete the throttle profile or make an entirely new one for the Corsair.

Oh good thought. I’m binding on Spad. So I’ll give that a try, delete the profile and start a new one for the Corsair. It doesn’t take that long now I know how. :wink:

1 Like

If all else fails just try binding in the sim instead of SPAD first. I can’t really provide support to you using 3rd partly products. If it doesn’t work with default controls then I can try help you figure out your issue.

I just had a wonderful flight with this bird. No issues on takeoff or landing. A lot of power management was required on descent, which is accomplished by flaps. To all those who struggle, I feel for you, but it does take practice to fly this thing. It’s NOT a toy. :wink: Special thanks to MilViz folk (Osin, Colin, etc) for being engaged in this community. Your work and passion are appreciated.

5 Likes

Hey guys,

I find that cruising at high speed causes my CHT to drop well below the green band. Is there any way to warm it up beyond closing the cowl flaps? I even ran it at war power for a while and it still stayed cool.

I’m wondering if it’s just not possible to cruise at high speed and perhaps I have to be going slower?

Also, the alternate air switch. When do I pull that out if ever? I always leave it in, which I believe = direct air.

1 Like

FYI: We are working on our Service Pack and… yes, we’re prepping this for Xbox.

Thanks for your patience.

10 Likes

Thanks, Colin…

I’m a little bit confused… I’d have to consult the POH, but, typically, the only time you open the cowl flaps is to keep the engine cool during taxi and run up. For normal flight they are supposed to be closed to reduce drag and because the engine cowl is specifically designed to keep the engine cooled with them closed when flying.

I’m also confused why you think the engine would be hotter if you weren’t flying as fast?

Are you being sarcastic and I’m missing the joke?