RELEASE: MilViz Corsair for MSFS

This has always been a point of concern since release 2 years ago. However, I’ve never had an issue as a result of the apparenty low cylinder head readings from the guage.

Since there are no failures associated with the “0” CHT reading in the addon during almost all phases of flight, it’s one of the things I ignore.

2 years ago, flying the addon inverted at higher power settings, in either a loop or roll, seemed to bring the CHT into the normal range - temporarily.

But again, I choose to ignore the issue because the addon was, and still is, a superiour experience for me in MSFS. I bought this addon when it released on the Marketplace. When Blackbird releases their Service Pack, I inted to purchase it again directly from their website.

The Milviz/Blackbird Simulations FG-1D continues to provide me dependable (immune to Sim Updates) exceptional value - and it is worth twice what I paid for it initially.

1 Like

Page 19 of the manual describes all this. It is in the aircraft documentation folder or alternatively you can go to the product page on our website and scroll to the bottom for a download link. I believe the alternate air has to do with the air intake for the engine if the other path were to be iced up or not functioning. I don’t think that is modeled.

Page 19 describes how to cool the cylinder heads when the temperatures exceed limits resulting from excessive ground or air operations.

I could be misinterpreting sOcks182’s inquiry, but the manual doesn’t state if there is any risk to the powerplant if you run at high power settings while the guage reads well below the “safe” green arc.

I’ll have to review the actual POH to see if it is dicussed there. Now, I’m curious for my own knowlege - even though I’ve ignored the cold CHT readings the last 2 years.

1 Like

Thanks can’t wait for this to finally come to Xbox

Yes, this is the issue. Does running the cylinder head cold cause issues? Sounds like from your experience it doesn’t. I also found nothing in the POH.

Not a joke, this seems to be the planes behaviour. Go fast = cool cylinder head. Go slower = warmer head. I agree it doesn’t seem right. My only thought was at higher speed more air is being forced around the engine thus more cooling. The cruise speed is listed at 160kts, and I was cruising at more like 250kts IAS. But yeah, you’d think the engine working harder would create a warmer head.

Any update on the next service pack for this plane? I’m thinking she needs some tweaks. She’s still a real handful to take off. Once she reaches 40kts she swings violently to the left (I think it might be more an MSFS thing, because I notice a lot of taildraggers doing this once they reach 40kts) and it’s hard to counter because it seems like the rudder has no authority until you give it like 50% rudder and then it suddenly has tonnes of authority. The sweet spot is so tiny it’s very hard to find.

On the flip side, as a comparison, the Flying Iron taildraggers are really nice. They still aren’t easy, but they are much more manageable with practice. The torque seems to come up more linearly, as does the rudder authority.

4 Likes

Working on it.

3 Likes

Will the service back also be when the Corsair is submitted for Xbox too?

Likely. It’s to be noted, again, weapons will NOT be available for Xbox or The marketplace.

2 Likes

@Krazycolin has it been sent off to Microsoft for Xbox yet?

Still in testing

1 Like

We have a BETA release of the Corsair update available in our support forums for those who purchased direct and would like to preview or provide feedback.

Defender will probably flag it but the file is safe and this is another false positive…

https://blackbirdsims.com/forum-new/viewtopic.php?t=14061

4 Likes

I assume if I bought from Orbx store I can’t get the beta?

If you have access to the support forums, you have access to the file

Can you let me register to the forums then if I provide proof of purchase?

Took her for a spin with the new beta update and it’s all gravy. Forgot how fun it was to fly this beautiful bird. When I came in to land I spotted a Hellcat so parked up next to it.

7 Likes

Had a bejebus of a time accessing the Blackbird forums - for whatever reason, my p/w manager didn’t save my forum username when I created an account 17 months ago. So I kept thinking my password was wrong when it was my username, and kept having the board send me reset links. Ugh! Finally figured out my error the third time around, got in, then dug back in old emails to find my serial number …

Anyway, installing the beta now. Looking forward to giving one of my favorite sim warbirds a good workout this weekend.

It might have saved it but because they changed their name and URL of their website from milviz to blackbirdsim your password manager wouldn’t bring it up automatically. Happened to me with bitwarden but I noticed the URL change and just searched my password vault for milviz and found the details.

I wish it was that simple but nope. I thought to check the entry for Milviz too. I probably just fumble-fingered something when I set up the entry. But it’s sorted now.