[RELEASE] Snowflake Lake, Alaska: Redux | Emerald Scenery Design

Welcome to Snowflake Lake Airstrip!
Snowflake Lake is an unregistered backcountry airport just 5 NM / 9 KM to the North of Talkeetna, Alaska. Fictionally designated AK64, Snowflake Lake has a 1500 FT / 457 M long gravel runway, which makes it perfect for a wide class of general aviation and larger twin engine aircraft.

This scenery has been brought to life in incredible detail, with a heavy focus on environmentals. Snowflake Lake uses almost all custom libraries with the integration of our own Emerald Object Library. Some features include: a 2-meter digital elevation model, hand-corrected and color-matched 30cm/px aerial imagery, custom vegetation, 3D trees, and environmentally-dynamic features, such as: Butterflies, Rain Puddles, and Morel Mushrooms!

Features

• 30cm/px aerial imagery.
    Hand-corrected and colored to match the surrounding terrain.

• 2-meter digital elevation model.
    Compatible with ORBX NA Alaska Mesh!

• Uneven/sloped runway for that authentic backcountry experience!
    Look out for rocks!

• Hand-placed, native vegetation.
    Weeds, Wildflowers, Shrubs/Bushes, and 3D Trees. Includes LODs for improved performance.

• Reworked a large section of nearby marshland.
    Cleared out and replanted trees in varying heights and densities.

Environmentally-Dynamic Features

• Butterflies – Visible from May through September. Includes 4 different Alaska native variations!

• Morel Mushrooms – Look for Morel Mushrooms popping up around the airstrip from May through July. But keep a keen eye out, as they can be quite difficult to spot!

• Rain Puddles – Only visible when rain is reported in the area.

Where can you download Snowflake Lake?
This scenery is only available from the following websites:

Product Support
Please do not send PMs, create, or comment on threads for support! Emerald Scenery Design only offers support through our official channels: Email & Discord!

Contact Us
Join the Discord!

Thank you for your interest in Snowflake Lake! If you want a companion scenery to this airstrip, check out my nearby Chunilna Cabin Strip payware!

8 Likes

Snowflake Lake | v2.0.1 Update

This one’s not a huge update, but due to some SU9 changes, I wanted to ensure future compatibility for this addon!

v2.0.1 Changelog
Please remove the old version of Snowflake Lake to get rid of the leftover BGL file.

• SU9 changed the way that polygons are saved and compiled. Although there is backwards compatibility so far, Snowflake Lake has been recompiled to ensure future compatibility.

I tried to get this on marketplace as a freeware for PC & Xbox, but was shot down and told that freeware wasn't being accepted until their current backlog was worked through. I.E. Not until they can increase the size of their team, because we all know that backlog isn't going away anytime soon.

Thank you for your support!

2 Likes