Released - Bahrometrix Dortmund for MSFS

Merry Christmas!

We are currently in the beta test for the latest Bahrometrix DLC. The DLC includes 3 sceneries:

• Dortmund Airport
  • Dortmund Landmarks
  • Airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke

Before releasing a few impressions …

Dortmund Airport EDLW

Dortmund Airport. Here in the picture with AI air traffic (Simple Traffic from Aerosoft GmbH)

The airport contains animated ground traffic, which is controlled by a unique WASM module

The true-to-original terrain of the entire site is based on 1m LIDAR scan data from Asobo/Microsoft

Animated airport staff. The people are also controlled by the above-mentioned WASM module. Some people have different qualities. The baseball cap is only worn in rainy weather, sunglasses are indicated from temperatures of 25 degrees Celsius

Airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke EDIU

Here the Asobo/Microsoft 1m LIDAR scan data come into play again: The terrace is on an elevated hill

There are also animated animals: The Bahrometrix Living Animals (horse and deer)

Off to a happy picnic: The Bahromtrix Living People are time, weather and temperature controlled

Dortmund Landmarks

There are over 70 individually created photoreal buildings

The Dortmund harbor with animated gantry cranes

A helicopter landing pad rounds off the scene: Here at the emergency hospital Klinikzentrum Nord

As soon as everything is ready, the scenery will be published as freeware :smiley:

9 Likes

Wow. Cool. Very good Job. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello and Happy New Year!

We made another step forward with animated characters. On the one hand, we now know how to assign several animations to a person and how to link these animations to conditions such as the weather, the time of day and many other conditions.

And then we finally created the first person who can make eye movements. This makes the Bahrometrix Living People look even more lively :slight_smile:

This videos shows the eye movements in 3dsm …

… and here in MSFS…

And this video shows the various animations as the aircraft approaches …

Best regards
Christian

4 Likes

This moves the limits! Looks great.

2 Likes

Hello dear Microsoft Flight Simulator community!

There is a new Freeware Bahrometrix scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It took just over a year of development work to create the software package, which consists of three scenery merged together. The Dortmund package consists of Dortmund airport, Hengsen-Opherdicke airfield and the Dortmund city area with its well-known buildings and objects. A helipad was also thought of, it is located at Klinikzentrum Nord and it has been given the fictional ICAO code EDKZN. The landing site can be selected directly via the flight simulator’s selection menu.

Download: MSFS - Bahrometrix Dortmund

The download is barrier-free, no registration is required to access the download.

Have a nice Sunday everyone :smiley:
Christian

Features

Dortmund Airport EDLW

• Detailed representation of Dortmund Airport EDLW
  • All airport buildings included
  • Terrain is based on elevation data from Asobo/Microsoft
  • Ground layout according to current AIP
  • All 3-D models and objects with PBR textures
  • Runway with Sloped runway
  • Color matched 20cm orthophoto
  • WASM based animation controller
  • Bahrometrix Living People (Animated People)
  • Bahrometrix Living World (Animated Ground Traffic)
  • Dynamic objects such as windsocks and landing T

Hengsen-Opherdicke Airfield EDIU

• Detailed representation of Hengsen-Opherdicke Airfield EDIU
  • All buildings and objects of the airfield included
  • All models and objects with PBR textures
  • Terrain is based on elevation data from Asobo/Microsoft
  • Color matched 20cm orthophoto
  • Bahrometrix Living People – Animated people
  • Bahrometrix Unliving People - Animated zombies
  • Bahrometrix Living Animals - Animated animals
  • Dynamic Windsock and Dynamic Landing T
  • Dynamic wind turbine on the clarifier

Dortmund Landmarks

• Photorealistic 3D city model
  • More than 70 individually created buildings in Dortmund
  • All buildings and objects with PBR textures
  • Emergency Hospital with landing field (fictional ICAO code: EDKZN)
  • Animated and dynamic windsocks at the Emergency Hospital
  • Clocks in the Reinoldikirche and Altes Hafenamt show the local time
  • Animated surfers at Phoenixsee
  • Animated pot cranes in the port
    … and much more

Please also note the information and special features on the download page, the manual contains further and very interesting information. Please read it, it’s definitely worth it!

10 Likes

It looks great in the pictures. However, when I added it to my folder my MSFS wouldn’t load. I tried it several times but it was clearly blocking MSFS to load at Dortmund. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

Happy to see your talents carry on to MSFS.
I hope to drive your Chevy Suburban in MSFS one day also, I loved it in FSX!:beers:

1 Like

UPDATE

It’s working now. It’s not the scenery, its something else in my community folder. I took all my addons out but installed your scenery and it works fine so its not your scenery… looks great!

Steve

2 Likes

There is a mistake in the direction of plane’s positions for some of the stands (5-12). The planes should be positioned with the nose towards the runway facing north-west (they are being parked using pushback). In the scenery they are facing towards the terminal building.

That is a known MSFS limitation as stated in the documentation by @DECHB As far as I am concerned I do not mind. It is a featurefull scenery well worth the download.

Hi, i downloaded this scenery but for some reason I am having major elevation issues, the aiport buildings are sunken and the taxi ways are on hills? Any suggestions?

It looks like there are two add-ons that are causing terrain issues at Dortmund Airport. One is GSX Pro by FSDreamTeam and the other is Real Taxiways by Black Squares. In the support area of my forum you can find the solution: http://forum.bahrometrix.de/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=636&start=10#p4546

1 Like

thank you yes, it seems that this affects a number of airports. It was GSX that is the problem, strange how you have to scratch your head 1000 times until you work out what it is… or someone as kind as you tells us. Thanks again.

1 Like