[RELEASED] C510 Mustang | Cockspur

A solid Addon. The Legacy Sound is a minor con point though.

What do you mean by that? On the website it says:

1 Like

I bought this and did an hour flight last night and this morning. Overall, I do really like it. Itā€™s not at Hjet levels, but I can absolutely see itā€™s potential. Hoping for updates to help address minor issues.

Pros:

• exterior model is great
  • I actually like the engine sounds when flying
  • No issues with navigation. Did some GPS and VOR flights with approach.
  • very stable flight. Landings were smooth.

Cons:

• interior textures seem inconsistent quality. Eg, breaker lettering, window shades.
  • I agree with others about the climb performance. I canā€™t get it to climb consistently.
  • I expected more buttons/features to work. Overall seems limited in analog functionality. Would be great to program the FMS with the alpha/numeric buttons.
  • engine shutdown results in immediate sound stopping. No wind down.
1 Like

Seems like I will pass on this one for now then. I was expecting that you could use the alpha/numerical buttons to program the FMC, as you would in real life.

And the quality issues seem to indicate a rushed release.

They will hopefully improve it with some updates; Iā€™ll reconsider then!

5 Likes

On discord the developer said that that would be added later as soon as the WT module will allow it to.

Grt,

Martijn

2 Likes

Please understand that Iā€™m no reviewer or have background in evaluating addons. Iā€™m just an old man with a passion for small jets and Iā€™m hopeful the C510 continues to improve.

The soundset itself is not bad - but it is implemented in the legacy way - so no wwise. And this is for me only a minor critic point.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking for a nice business jet for the sim, but wasnā€™t convinced about the Hondajet. Would you recommend either of them?

The Honda Jet is truly perfect in my personal opinion. I fly it more than any other plane. Everything works. And then some. Full fidelity. And one of the only planes Iā€™ve had zero issues with VNAV.

4 Likes

Thx for clarifying that!

The external engine sounds are doing what the bombardier did, when youā€™re starting up the engine and you switch to external view, it restarts the engine starting sounds from the start, very annoying imo. the text surrounding each switch and button is kind of blurry and feels like ghetto RGB lighting inside my PC case, never seen that in any other plane before.

1 Like

this is a screenshot of the text surrounding the switches, ive never seen it blurry or flashing like that before

1 Like

Mine doesnā€™t look like that. Might be a DLSS issue. If you look to the lower right of the copilot youā€™ll see breakers and in my opinion poor text lettering.

its not just me they acknowledged the poor textures already

2 Likes

anyone figure out how to get the throttle in the take off detent? i can only get it to crz detent with max throttle and cant move it with the mouse either

I just did my first quick test flight. I also have the blurry/flashing effect pictured above, and Iā€™m AMD, so no DLSS here. I have to zoom in for things to be clear. I havenā€™t tried any other aircraft since SU10 or WU11.

I did struggle starting it for a bit because I couldnā€™t see the fuel shutoff switches on the throttle. Finding those helped a lotā€¦ :joy:

Thereā€™s a few issues specific to this aircraft and the Honeycomb Alpha yoke:

1. The landing light switch is backwards. (Off = on)
  2. The Alphaā€™s avionics switch doesnā€™t do anything.

I havenā€™t done a full flight yet, so I havenā€™t tried any flight planning, nor have I flown above 3000 feet.

can you get the throttle into the TO detent?

YOu have to switch the Cut OFF switches and not use the axis.

1. Retard your hardware throttle
  2. click the throttles with the mouse to cutoff
  3. when starting the engines click with mouse to Idle
  4. now you should have the full animation range of the throttle to TO

Did anyone find Speedbrakes?

Same on my side