[RELEASED] C510 Mustang | Cockspur

Same, not sure whats up with that, never seen it before on any other aircraft.

Side note - Is the GMA audio panel clickable or supposed to be? I can’t seem to select radios etc. Seems odd as that’s more or less a standard issue asobe G1000 feature.

Very impressed with the ability of the ambulance to maintain formation at 310.

21 Likes

that still didn’t work for me, and when i finally got it into TO detent somehow, it acted as if it was in cutoff detent =/

I am bummed with this one, I had very high hopes. I haven’t heard a good word on this one yet.

hopefully they take heed to some of the issues people are complaining about, it has a lot of potential imo

I am with you on this. Had high expectations, but now it seems a rushed release. Bought the Hondajet instead.

1 Like

The preview by ‘avangel’ looked good though.

1 Like

Any post release review yet to come?

Here is my first impression video in german language

I am absolutely loving it, it’s everything I hoped the HondaJet would be. Great frame rates, very intuitive and satisfying to hand-fly, doesn’t try to fight me, and the view out the cockpit windows is the best I’ve seen of any business jet so far. Meanwhile with the HondaJet I still get low frame rates, the pitch is oversensitive and difficult to trim, and the cockpit windows are tiny and hard to see out of. I know in real life these jets spend 99% of their time cruising at 30,000+ feet with the autopilot on, but I still think they should feel confident to handle in the pattern as well.

I actually wasn’t planning to buy the Mustang at first, but AvAngel’s videos of it really impressed me, and I’m glad I did. I’m disappointed to find out the alphanumeric keys aren’t working yet, but Cockspur has gotten a good overall package together and I’m hopeful they will continue to work on the smaller annoyances people have mentioned. An instant addition to my top 5 for me, and I am confident their Hawker 800XP and HS125 will also be great.

7 Likes

Did a flight with the Mustang, and on approach all the avionics shut off. Anyone else experience this as well?

Everything else with the plane worked well.

Please can you give a (short) little summary here in English? :slight_smile:

Just a yay or nay would be good!! :slight_smile:

Edit: User error. I figured it out.

It has its Pros and Cons. If it is worth the money really depends on how much you have of it^^.

I am not a pilot, but I like:

• the flight model
  • the type of aircraft
  • the model
  • the custom options regarding passengers and co-pilot

I don´t like:

• the sound implemention (the sound set itself seems ok, but no wwise)
  • some edges inside (but that could always have performance reasons (polycount)
  • I think there is no fadec implemented
  • I wish there where custom engine instruments in the MFD
  • I wish every switch would be usable, even if it doesn´t do anything in the sim

Overall not a bad and not a very good aircraft. But that is only my subjectiv opinion.

6 Likes

Did you maybe forgot to switch the generators on and/or the ignition off?

" I wish there where custom engine instruments in the MFD"

This is a WT limitation. Until they add “columns” Seb (the dev) said it will be very easy to implement this once they add it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Once that happens , that would be really cool for a lot of aircraft.

Well, at least you all got to start the Mustang!

I tried at least a dozen times from cold & dark and could not get the engines running. At first I followed my instincts, then the checklist procedurs, then the procedures shown by Youtubers (incl. Jaydees video above). I checked everything on my computer from unplugging the throttle quadrant only using the mouse to emptying out my Community folder and reinstalling the download two times - everytime the same result: no ITT rising, no N1 rising and N2 sits around 24,5%. I haven’t experienced any problems with any other aircraft for months.

This bird needs a lot of work to be worth 25 EUR imho!

1 Like

Have you contacted the developer on discord?

I absolutely agree! The Mustang definitely needs some work, but the basis is very good. I also have Honda and objectivity that is better, and i like it… until I actually have to start flying it. That thing wobbles and skids all over te place. I have a pretty hefty hotas with strong springs and detent, but flying the Honda is just not enjoyable. Luckily there is an autopilot :smile:. The Mustang flies great.

4 Likes