[RELEASED] Cessna A-37 Dragonfly

@TabsAZ :

this is what I used for the Michigan paint, and that does have the light lower color I think

So check this out - I think this is literally my dad sitting in the plane in this photo from airliners.net:
Cessna OA-37B Dragonfly (318E) - USA - Air Force | Aviation Photo #1862990 | Airliners.net

Clearly all green there without the white underbelly.

1 Like

Well, green and gray. (Not pointing this out to be pendantic, but rather because @pby5a has some colorblindness and didn’t want any confusion if he decides to tackle it!)

I’d love to see it – it’s a cool scheme.

1 Like

we’ll see, but first these two:
ZKJTL (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

YAT37 (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

Nice! Aluminum and day-glo orange is like my favorite markings ever. :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Enjoying the aircraft. Definitely fills a niche in my hanger. I do have a question though:

There is no panel indication when the airbrake is extended nor when the thrust deflectors are used. Is this the case in the real aircraft? That would seem odd, no?

Also, I’m still seeing odd “shadows” (dark areas) when looking at the instrument panel during night conditions. They only show up in my right eye (VR headset). Any thoughts or anyone else seeing this?

Hey @TabsAZ, there’s an OA-37B paint on Flightsim.com that’s the same scheme as your dad’s plane. This is PA ANG, not MI, but otherwise looks the same.

You might try pinging the author to see if he’d be willing to do the MI markings. Either way, though, this is close.

1 Like

Oh awesome - yeah that looks exactly like it! I’ll message them, thanks!

Thank you for posting this link!

This livery promted me to log into FlightSim.com again after 20+ years. I have been wanting a proper European One livery for the OA-37 since it was released. I also saw the author’s O-2A Skymaster and the C-23A Sherpa.

:grinning::+1:

Engineers designing the panel thinking… “Ain’t much space here. If you can’t tell when you extend the airbrake…”

Sorry, couldn’t resist, JK :laughing:

1 Like