[RELEASED] CM-170 Fouga Magister by AzurPoly

This dosen’t work everytime, you wont get notified for every update. But the new simmarket app shows every update.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve not experienced any problems getting notified, I didn’t know about an App though.

1 Like

Interesting! I’ve been having CTD’s with the Fouga too. I’ve the C-17 installed, so I’ll have a look at that.

1 Like

Removed the C-17 and CTD’s stopped. Thanks for the heads up :+1:.

2 Likes

Very nice aircraft, although I have issues getting my nose down. Any tips and tricks for that?

Getting the nose down how? At cruise? Landing?

Yes, I did notice that you had to use a lot of trim to avoid constant diving, even in cruise mode at 21000 rpm.

I just saw that I also had all the cockpit lighting that turns off in daylight. And the automatic light mode is not set in MSFS options. As the instruments panel is not very contrasted, visibility, especially in VR, is not very easy. Did you notice that too?

But I love this plane and spend hours flying with it (paying attention to the fuel level :wink: ).

1 Like

I was reading the POH that someone earlier in the thread posted and it states 21000 RPM MAX continuous. It recommends 20000 RPM for all applications including formation flying. I found at 20000 RPM, it wouldn’t maintain trim, at all. It just kept bleeding off speed, I’d trim and it would slowly bleed off more speed, it would keep doing this. I couldn’t get it to reliably maintain trim at that level of thrust. I was flying really low, so maybe it performs better at high altitude.

Wind was calm as reported by ATIS, but you know — live weather has a mind of its own.

a very hands on jet. just so much fun

2 Likes

It really is great, isn’t it? You actually have to fly it!

3 Likes

like my mates TVR it demands your attention 100% of the time. and then time flies

2 Likes

Can confirm this. Does anybody has an idea how to get them compatible?

1 Like

Let both parties know about the conflict. Perhaps one or both will find it and fix it. In this case, the onus is likely more on the freeware maker, as a 3rd party shouldn’t have to focus on freeware conflicts above other priorities. We cannot expect PMDG to have to test for full compatibility with John54864’s dank Cessna liveries.

1 Like

Thanks, I notified delta simulations on their discord. These compatibility problems are getting a bit annoying. The 787 Heavy mod is breaking a lot of stuff as well like the flying iron planes and the blackhawk.

1 Like

5 Likes

Hi @Haddock314945,

This is awesome!

Thank you so much! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very nice Livery

Thank you, I’m not 100% happy with it, but it’s only my 2nd livery and my 1st one made in 3D mode with Blender.
It will be available very soon at flightsim.to ; enjoy !

4 Likes

Hello! Fouga is so joyful plane to fly. Does anybody tried it in VR? I am interested in opinions about cockpit feel. Some elements seems a little disproportional. This is true for 2D view also, but it VR it is kind of more striking. Particularly I am talking about Throttle handle and cutoff levers. If you look at real Fouga Magister cockpit photos on the net, the throttle handle lever is almost same diameter as flight stick handle or those side lamps. It is large enough to accommodate the hole left hand palm. Cut off lever’s handles are smaller but not too much. In virtual cockpit, however, the throttle looks extremely tiny and short, even compared to switches nearby. And ignition buttons on cutoff levers, especially in VR, look like they only can be pushed by pinky finger. Is it just me, or there is indeed an issue with relative sizes? I’ll attach some pics to illustrate.

Real Fouga cockpit

In game: