[RELEASED] CM-170 Fouga Magister by AzurPoly

Hi all, I am glad to present to you the new fouga Magister created by AzurPoly.
This plane is one of my favorite planes that I had the chance to see several times in real life. It’s a French military aircraft, designed and built as a training aircraft.

It is different from other planes, we feel the design that comes from a glider. I find it quite sensitive to the winds, can real pilots confirm this feeling?
The engine sounds are very faithful to those I have heard in real life, overall it is very good, I just regret the quality of the smoke which is poor, I hope they will improve it in the future.

I hope you will like my little video aboard this fouga :slight_smile:

10 Likes

well made review by TwoTone Murphy

4 Likes

Being a videographer for the past 20 years, I really enjoy your videos and editing talent :slight_smile: Love the mood and music of each one of them. Keep up the good work! We need more of these videos for this amazing game !!

1 Like

Oh nice, I had a Fouga Magister in… what, FS2004? It was quite nice back then.

About the flight characteristics, I doubt that there are many people here who have flown this aircraft but generally with its V-tail it will be relatively unstable around the vertical axis and if you tap the rudder and let it go it will swing around a while until it’s back in coordinated flight. I’ll have a look at the vdeos and decide on base of what I see there. If it’s done well I’m in ^^

1 Like

thank you I appreciate that my videos are recognized for their qualities.

Thank you for your return, indeed I think that the tail in v must have an effect on this feeling.
Too bad the aerodynamic effects I’m talking about are not transcribed well enough via the recorder

This jet looks quite interesting, I will grab it this weekend

1 Like

Hi,
Although I already have the freeware Fouga, I immediately bought the AzurPoly version, mainly because of the great sounds.
Is there anybody out there who could paint a livery of the Austrian Airforce Fouga Magister? Like this:

1 Like

That video was bad azz

1 Like

Unless they’ve recently updated it, the VSI is completely wrong on the freeware offering.

Wow ! thank you i really apreciate it :pray:

Not an option on Xbox

You have every right to say this. But come on, These people are trying to make some money. They laid out their stall, they have put a lot of work into this, we all know there is a free version, but I feel it is a bit disingenuous for you come to in and advertise a freeware version like this, I mean give them a break, add-ons are the life blood of the sim.

I am not saying you are wrong, I just think it is a bit off in this thread. But that is just me. I will buying this, it looks amazing!

I just want to add… Because I dont want to be a hypocrite. There is a difference between this and saying an add-on is not good, or pointing out glaring issues of bad bugs, laziness etc. That is different. But staright up pushing away sales for want of a better description isn’t really cool IMHO

9 Likes

I tried both more than 100 hours ! And i can tell you it’s really not the same thing it’s like comparing a Rolls with a Chrysler

1 Like

Fair enough, I apologise. I have deleted my earlier post.

6 Likes

Thank you for being Gracious about it and not turning it Toxic. I completely respect your opinion.

3 Likes

I just wish there was a non-Marketplace option… (But I do understand why developers like the Marketplace: the effortless copy protection.)

Well I broke my own no MP planes rule and grabbed this. First off it looks great, sounds are good, flies very nicely, though I have no idea how the real thing handles to compare. One thing I found a little off about it, is the VSI doesn’t reflect what the external view hud shows, and the discrepancy increase with the rate of climb. Not a huge deal though. No regrets on the purchase!

1 Like

I picked it up today for XBox and am a happy customer so far. Enjoying the way it flies and the quality of the visual elements. The steaminess of the cockpit gauges is right up my alley and a speeding, nimble counter-point to my other favorite in the EMB-110. First try with a localizer approach worked great to line me up (minus glideslope).

The UHF dial is inscrutable to me…I must be missing something. No way to see what the frequency is if you’re manually dialing unless you have accessibility options turned on to view a pop-up as you dial…or the way more efficient switching from the ATC menu : )

Has anyone been able to map the flaps to their HOTAS controller? The manual says this should be possible, but I haven’t been able to get any flap mappings to work so far.

Not huge deals above & having fun.

1 Like

Me too… I would have much preferred buying from OrbX Direct or simMarket…but I am at home with some time to sim…so the Market it is. So far I am enjoying the airplane a lot.

2 Likes

Look surprisingly interesting. Strange it is allowed in the marketplace, after all looking from behind the tail looks like the beginning of a dirty word and could influence the flying three year olds in their development as an innocent child.

3 Likes