[RELEASED] DC Designs F-4 Phantom II Discussion

Marketplace is leading as it now accounts for majority of sales yes. But other stores can also post same day if possible. For example JF has the pre order link already

1 Like

It used to be that addons were released outside the Marketplace long before being released within the Marketplace for PC compatible addons.

If JustFlight delay the release until next week, I would interpret that as possibly a special agreement they might have with Asobo.

I speculate:

• An exercise to help determine how many PC players actually consider having visible weapons a deciding factor in their purchase. If only 5% or revenue is generated from people that consider visible weapons important or avoid the Marketplace, a one week delay seems unnecessary.

A one week delay in making my purchase is acceptable to me, for whatever reason. It’s an interesting release plan nonetheless.

1 Like

I doubt that has anything to di with it, XBOX sales are now as important as PC and those numbers are growing faster than PC

2 Likes

It might be, if your company is considering speeding up their product releases by eliminating an “unprofitable” endeavor of including visible weapons that only 5% of people care about.

It makes me a little concerned about that possibility.

1 Like

Or it just means they are putting there products where most users can access them.
I cant mention the weps thing here but JF isnt the only place to get them

That strikes me as quite odd considering the product page has been on JF for some time now and simply needs to be updated. Is it some sort of “early release” Marketplace exclusivity? I sure hope not, as really it should be the same time across all outlets.

Another fascinating response. :face_with_monocle:

I don’t frequent the DC Designs Discord server, so I didn’t realize DC Designs now has some kind of technical distribution difficulty that makes their products easier to acquire from someone else.

Anyhow, I’ll buy it when it becomes available to me. The Marketplace doesn’t exist for me when the addon is a Military aircraft rendition that offers visual weapons or historically accurate models direct from the developer or other webstore.

I still prefer to purchase from the Marketplace to support both the Developer and Asobo/Microsoft, but I will continue to purchase military addons outside of the Marketplace - even though it’s somehow currently perceived to be easier to purchase or “where most users can access them”. I had no idea that XBox users were the overwhelming majority of MSFS players.

3 Likes

Yes current market figures now show xbox are around 70% ish of the market share.
Also DC has no difficulty distributing any products at all. But thanks for the response if some what spikey

Heeeyyy Now 
 I wasn’t stomping my feet

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I didn’t understand until your reply why Jorge stated that 70% of MSFS players are gamers. I was saddened when he made that comment.

I now understand why I see the majority of players fly the way they do and expect addons to have Ace Combat performance.

I was watching a YouTube reviewer of the DC Designs F-4, and he was flying at Mach speeds. He then commented, “well, it handles pretty good” in an accepting tone. I would expect commentary on handling to come from corner velocity or approach speeds.

2 Likes

Yes that is a sad fact. But most of them give up when they find aviation is alot harder than just pointing and arriving at there destination

1 Like

Happy to wait a week for a non-marketplace release, it’s the marketplace only releases that annoy

3 Likes

Thats not the aircraft thats the reviewer. Was it piloted from an external view with constant burners?
Not all xbox pilots fly that way at all, there are many very competent users too

1 Like

Exactly, FULL afterburner from runway lineup in external. However, I already knew I was going to purchase the aircraft based on their previous addons, so his reviewing it from external was exactly what I was looking for anyways. I think kids nowadays call it “ThurstaaAAAaaa” and move their heads from side to side.

Lord help us. Il be getting it for sure, its a legendary airframe, its a pilots plane, all hands on, no HUD, no AP, loose your concentration and it will bite back.
Im looking forward to nose to tail merges, max rate & min radii turns, high yo yos, rolling scissors and fights to get Angle of Tail, and being the 1st to call “Gun guns guns”

4 Likes

It’s here and it’s top drawer!

The Phabulous Phantom is Phinally here!

Courtesy Dean on FB:

So, the Phantoms should be available on the Marketplace by the time you read this. I’m noting down any bug reports in order to make a swift update next week to polish them off, a few of them so far which will all be fixed next week. I’m thrilled to see a 4.6 out of 5 rating already from 90 or so reviews on the Marketplace, and a huge number of positive comments coming in from all across the Internet - good to see the venerable Phantom is still such a hugely popular aircraft among flight sim fans!

For those waiting for the Phantom on third-party stores, I am currently watching how the aircraft performs on the Marketplace before deciding if and when to bring them to other stores. There are other factors at play when it comes to deciding how to market aircraft for MSFS, and currently the Marketplace marketing reach is far superior to even You Tube when it comes to audience engagement and awareness. With simple, free add-ons able to reactivate weapons on Marketplace purchases for PC, there is now basically no difference between a Marketplace-direct release and any other store, other than the fact that the developer earns better royalties by going Marketplace-only. I will update here when I decide what to do going forward.

Editorial comment:
The “mysterious delay” to third party vendors of a week or two is now admittedly a conscious decision to withhold. I understand there are monetary considerations involved, but to go back on your word the day of release is a bad look. Such a decision should be announced going forward with new projects, not the day of release after you’ve already had the product page up on one such site (Just Flight) for several weeks now.

9 Likes

any way to reverse elevator animation in external view?

Agreed. Not to mention I avoid Marketplace purchases like the plague. Granted, I also prefer to purchase direct as well, which hopefully improves the monetary considerations for those developers who decide to maintain a store themselves.

4 Likes