[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

Yes this is possible. All in the manual and several YouTube videos. Also explained several times in posts above.

That depends very much on your total fuel weight, the runway length and the OAT/density altitude of your departure airport. I did a ~90 minute test flight shortly after SU9 was put into beta from JFK to MIA. Takeoff and climbout without reheat is absolutely possible in some cases with a long enough runway.

Still a big problem.

Yes, which is exactly why I reported it here when I discovered it, created a bug report for it in the SU9 Beta forum section, and mentioned it again this morning as the first item in my list.

I can tell you that I spend already many many hours in reading the forum, watching ton’s of youtube videos and didn’t remember to have seen or read explanations on this specific topic. Right now, because you said it is in the documentation, I just searched the whole official pdf document for the occurence “feed tank” and just find only one in a paragraph having nothing to do wirh that.

Maybe I missed the information. So, as you seem to know it exist, please, be really helpful and tell me, which Youtube video or pdf doc page I must look for this specific infomation about fuel exchange between engines feed tanks.

Thanks in forward.

With all due respect @ACSoft47, it starts to get very tedious to have to explain to the 12th person the very same information over and over again.

@mdapol If you expained already before, is it soo tedious to give a link ?

So, what you say, is that the cross feed system (we set during aircraft preparation) will insure all 4 engines are run until the last drop of fuel in feed tanks are all burned ?

By the way, will trim tanks also included in the process ? In other words will engines stop running only at zero fuel ?

By the way, many many thanks for your patience and amability in helping all of us soo much. Concorde is a very complex aircraft and actually they are soo many informations here (almost 1800 messages so far and not talking of YouTube videos), that it is sometimes very difficult to found what you are searching.

the engines will stop when there is no fuel in the engine feed tanks. if there is fuel in the rest of the tanks (main or trim) but you have the valves closed, fuel will not reach the engines.

The crossfeed line is the yellow one:

No thanks needed, really. As long as you are happy with it, us too. Sorry if we seem rude sometimes, but we’re not. we are simply suffering wear and tear with so much work and lack of rest, but we try to help as much as we can

5 Likes

I explained here a few posts up how I dealt with running out of fuel in all 4 main tanks and managed to refill them from the trim tanks. Specifically:

2 Likes

Just flew at mach 2 for the first time! Was amazing! Just one little thing I would like to see in the future is rain sounds in the cockpit!

1 Like

Actually there is a small problem here for me, the current value only seen with tool tip, which I usually turns off to not look weird and for immersion. So I need to keep clicking and guess the value. Wonders if in real plane where the Mach hold function target speed is displayed?

there isn’t. those selectors allow you to modify the retained speed in small increments or decrements and within limits. for IAS hold you could increase/decrease a maximum of 22 knots over current speed or 0.06 mach on Mach hold if I’m not wrong. they are not conventional selectors.

Ok, but may I ask for actual mechanism of Mach hold? I used to say climb to cruise altitude of FL600, with ap and athr on, when going to Mach 1.8 and press Mach hold, I thought it would hold current Mach number, but instead the engine goes into idle and speed keep dropping unless I press a lot of the Mach adjustment switch, any idea?

I explained it a while ago: mach hold will retain the current mach speed as long as it does not exceed the equivalent of 540ias, that is, if you go to mach 2.0 at 50000ft the equivalent is 560-580ias and AT will not retain it. It will apply its 540ias equivalent, around mach 1.8-1.9.

1 Like

I think I did within the speed limit but switching from max climb to mach hold seems not working, will try again later and if it appears again I will record for check

The interactive checklist includes seatbelts on but seatbelts off is missing. I think my passengers might be a bit unhappy as I didn’t notice until during a routine check at 60,000ft.

The climb page has auto throttle off for the reheat acceleration but nothing says to turn it back on again. I think with reheat off you need to re-engage auto throttle with max cruise or eventually it starts to overspeed.

I believe you want to push Mach hold first. The sequence I use ( that always works) is: during the climb to FL 280 you are accelerating to Mach 0.95. Then press Mach hold.

When to start the supersonic acceleration phase, you are in Mach hold. Turn on auto throttle to activate reheat. Set FL 600. Press Alt acquire. Press Max Climb.

The aircraft will climb to cruising altitude. You don’t need to press Mach hold after this. Aircraft will switch to Max Cruise when you are above FL500 automatically.

In a recent flight I was having trouble climbing so I changed the altitude selection to my current FL (580) to level off there and burn some fuel first.

Note, I don’t use Max Climb at any other time. I don’t use it for the initial climb out.

@CodenameJack447 I do think that the Max climb logic needs to be adjusted a little bit. I don’t think it makes sense for Concorde to level off around FL380 in order to accelerate. I think it should just reduce its vertical speed but continue to climb. If that’s possible.

Leveling is done so that the aircraft builds speed within the limits of the flight envelope. and it does so at 36000ft:

4 Likes

Yes I know but I think it’s too aggressive. Reducing the VS earlier would make things smoother