"Remember" ATC Callsign and Tail Number

The optional fields, Tail, Call sign etc, are always blank. Is the a way to have the field retain their inputs? Apart from flight number, I use the 24hr clock at start of flight to remind me how many hours I’ve been flying! I keep the tail and call sign permanently. Be nice have that populated when loading back up.

For whatever reason it is not working, unless I’m in the wrong folder?

I have the Gamepass edition of the game, so not sure our folder structures are exactly alike

Today I read a thread on Avsim about it.
It can be done but you have to crumble through some config files.

1 Like

Refer to my 1st post. You need to go to the drive where your Sim is installed. drivename\Users\username\Official\OneStore.

Your aircraft should be there if not in the listing others provided.

1 Like

A way to set a callsign globally would be wonderful

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll have a look there see what I need to nose about in!

Sadly can’t find the thread for a link.

Your link is inaccurate for those who have the Gamepass, it does not appear to install to the C Drive, but rather to the drive you choose to install on. I have listed the output for the file and it is the same as others, but yet my callsign doesn’t stick…

Other than the drive, I wish these installations were all the the same. Regardless, your aircraft.cfg looks the same to as mine. You posted a picture of the ATC option screen. For what reason? Mine looks the same, but the N number I use shows on the fuselage and is used in ATC communication. Yours doesn’t?

I was expecting the fields to be filled out if I made the changes. Are you saying those can be left blank and it still picks up the default in the config file? I hadn’t actually tried to do a flight since mine takes a while to load. Let me give that a shot

Yes. It permanently shows on the fuselage, etc. But it doesn’t show on the screen. I was surprised by this also!

Just got into a flight, you are absolutely correct. Thanks for pointing that out, I was frustrated until you told me it still shows up!

Perhaps editing the config files is the way to improve this game…

No problem. For now this is the way to go until someone writes an app that reads and writes the cfg file.

The great thing is you can change each aircraft or livery to what you want.

Didn’t know there were additional liveries out yet?

I should have said you can have different ATC iDs for them…when liveries become available☺

I assume each livery is going to get its own folder then?

Yes so true! Per aircraft would be great! And maybe even change the color too as the letters are sometimes white on a white aircraft. That doesnt work very well.

Callsign and tail numbers are not persistent meaning I have to enter in every time. Can’t there be a way to save these settings?

Each aircraft type will have its own folder. The liveries would be defined in the aircraft.cfg starting with FLTSIM.0, FLTSIM.1, etc.

I have moved your request into the current wishlist thread.

3 Likes