"Remember" ATC Callsign and Tail Number

It would be nice if the tail number and callsign I setup on an aircraft would be remembered the next time I fly, rather than having to set it up for each flight.

80 Likes

+1. Definitely would be helpful. Would be nice if it saved on a per-aircraft basis too, and not just for all aircraft.

31 Likes

There is a way to do this. Go to [DRIVENAME]:\Users[USERNAME]\Official\OneStore. Pick the aircraft you want to change and drill down to the aircraft.cfg file. Edit it and locate the FLTSIM.0 section. Under it change the “atc_id” to whatever you want to use. This will change it on the aircraft and for ATC.

7 Likes

Yes please. Thinking the same thing.

+1 for this request, very annoying to have to change it every startup

3 Likes

@TaupeTerror3931 Thanks! Good temporary workaround that i will try. In the end I would much rather have this in the UI and it should be so easy to add.

1 Like

@Synoxys787 Actually your comment made me realize that it should actually be saved per livery. That way, if you have branded liveries you can have your callsign match for each.

11 Likes

Go to the aircraft.cfg file, make a copy of this file. Open the file in Notepad, replace the Aircraft ID with the new N number, save the file. This will be a permanent change.

The aircraft.cfg can be found in the : C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

cheers

1 Like

I have nothing in the Packages folder at that location…

try this: C:\Users\your Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

I downloaded my MSFS2020 from the Microsoft Store. Let me know if you are or are not able to get to the “OneStore” folder. Once you are there you should see a list of Asobo-aircraft. You will then select the aircraft you are interested on. I was able to change the N number on the Cessna 172 G1000. But, you should be able to change for any of the aircraft.

Don’t give up, it is a learning challange for all of us,

1 Like

Found the config file, made my changes but they didn’t stick when I booted the game up. The enbale is set to 1, should it be something different?

The atc_id_enable = 1 should be fine.

Here is a copy of th contents for the G1000. The line: atc_id = “ASXGSA” ; TAIL NUMBER SHOULD BE CHNGED TO: atc_id = “your N number” . Make sure you save your changes.
My original aircraft.cfg is kept as aircraft - Copy.cfg

[FLTSIM.0]
title = “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo” ; Variation name
model = “” ; model folder
panel = “” ; panel folder
sound = “” ; sound folder
texture = “” ; texture folder
kb_checklists = “Cessna172SP_check” ; Procedures/Checklist sibling file name
kb_reference = “Cessna172SP_ref” ; Reference information sibling file name
description = “TT:AIRCRAFT.DESCRIPTION” ; Variation description.
wip_indicator = 0 ; know if the variation is good to go or still WIP : -1=Disabled, 0=Rough, 1=1st Pass, 2=Finished
ui_manufacturer = “TT:AIRCRAFT.UI_MANUFACTURER” ; e.g. Boeing, Cessna
ui_type = “TT:AIRCRAFT.UI_MODEL” ; e.g. 747-400, 172
ui_variation = “TT:AIRCRAFT.LIVERY.DEFAULT” ; e.g. World Air, IFR Panel
ui_typerole = “Single Engine Prop” ; e.g. Single Engine Prop, Twin Engine Prop, Rotorcraft, etc
ui_createdby = “Asobo Studio” ; e.g. Asobo Studio, Microsoft, FSAddonCompany, etc
ui_thumbnailfile = “” ; app relative path to ThumbNail image file
ui_certified_ceiling = 14000 ; service ceiling / max certified operating altitude (ft)
ui_max_range = 640 ; max distance the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (NM)
ui_autonomy = 5 ; max duration the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (Hrs)
ui_fuel_burn_rate = 54 ; average fuel consumption per hour (lbs/hr) - reminder: fuel density is ~6.7lbs per US gallon
atc_id = “ASXGSA” ; tail number
atc_id_enable = 1 ; enable tail number

[FLTSIM.0]
title = “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo” ; Variation name
model = “” ; model folder
panel = “” ; panel folder
sound = “” ; sound folder
texture = “” ; texture folder
kb_checklists = “Cessna172SP_check” ; Procedures/Checklist sibling file name
kb_reference = “Cessna172SP_ref” ; Reference information sibling file name
description = “TT:AIRCRAFT.DESCRIPTION” ; Variation description.
wip_indicator = 0 ; know if the variation is good to go or still WIP : -1=Disabled, 0=Rough, 1=1st Pass, 2=Finished
ui_manufacturer = “TT:AIRCRAFT.UI_MANUFACTURER” ; e.g. Boeing, Cessna
ui_type = “TT:AIRCRAFT.UI_MODEL” ; e.g. 747-400, 172
ui_variation = “TT:AIRCRAFT.LIVERY.DEFAULT” ; e.g. World Air, IFR Panel
ui_typerole = “Single Engine Prop” ; e.g. Single Engine Prop, Twin Engine Prop, Rotorcraft, etc
ui_createdby = “Asobo Studio” ; e.g. Asobo Studio, Microsoft, FSAddonCompany, etc
ui_thumbnailfile = “” ; app relative path to ThumbNail image file
ui_certified_ceiling = 14000 ; service ceiling / max certified operating altitude (ft)
ui_max_range = 640 ; max distance the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (NM)
ui_autonomy = 5 ; max duration the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (Hrs)
ui_fuel_burn_rate = 54 ; average fuel consumption per hour (lbs/hr) - reminder: fuel density is ~6.7lbs per US gallon
atc_id = “N600CB” ; tail number
atc_id_enable = 1 ; enable tail number
atc_airline = “Angel Flight” ; airline name
atc_flight_number = “9834” ; flight number
atc_heavy = 0 ; heavy?
atc_parking_types = “RAMP” ; “ANY” / “RAMP” / “CARGO” / “MIL_CARGO” / “MIL_COMBAT” / “GATE” / “DOCK”
atc_parking_codes = “” ; Comma separated and may be as small as one character each
atc_id_color = “” ; color for the tail number : i.e. “#ffff00ff”
atc_id_font = “” ; font for the tail number
isAirTraffic = 0 ; Is the plane usable for air traffic
isUserSelectable = 1 ; Is the plane selectable by the user

Any plan for this? I’d like to have my tail number persist.

5 Likes

Hey @CypherPrime21. Note that I moved your post to the new “Self-Service/Wishlist” category where this type of post fits best. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes it’s a pain having to add the tail number and call sign every time it should just stay at what was last used.

1 Like

1 Like

Strange, I am able to edit the Aircraft.cfg for the C152 or the Icon, but there is no Aircraft.cfg in the C172-non-G1000 folder.

Does anyones C172-non-G1000 have the Aircraft.cfg in the folder?

It should work. I have it just like you do .

no, i don’t have it