Remove AI-Generated buildings from designated Wilderness areas in the US

With the US getting a terrain update soon, it would be a great time to remove false positive buildings from federally-designated wilderness areas. It’s illegal to build structures in these areas, and so AI detections in these areas are going to be 99% false positive, with the rare exception of buildings which predate the Wilderness designation. The National Park Service and the US Forest Service, which are the top two managers of this land, each publish royalty-free geodata of these wilderness boundaries, which could be used to quickly eliminate AI-detected buildings in these areas.

Such a specific use-case. You can do that, open dev mode, place a polygon around the areas you want to eliminate buildings, and select the options you wish to eliminate from the object options menu.
It was sufficiently important for you that you took the time to register and make a post so with the polygon technique you can fix that in minutes, at least on the areas you mostly fly. You can save the modifications and when you have enough of those, you can even share them with the community.
Welcome to the community :smiley:

I don’t think it’s a niche issue at all. America’s wilderness is one of our biggest tourism draws. I imagine that more than a few people are flying over National Parks like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Rainier, or Olympic, and that experience would probably be improved by not seeing a 10-story apartment building halfway up the side of a mountain, miles away from the nearest road.

If the US update drops and the support ticket I submitted was ignored, then maybe I’ll look into a DIY fix. But as long as the US is being worked on, I was hoping to generate a little more interest here. It would be much easier for the developers to fix than an end user.

1 Like

I’d call this a pretty major problem, and an easy fix for MS to do. After all, the accuracy of the scenery is the major selling point, is it not?