Remove bezels on pop out PFD / MFD screens

Hi Gabster1501, Iam using Air Manager from SimInnovations to display the G1000 pop outs. The title bars fall behind and fit in the G1000 bezels displayed on top. These bezels are self-contained touch screen applications that are freely downloadable. In this environment, these title bars don’t pose any problem! I am courious whether Asobo has made the pop outs persisitent (stick to a particular touch screen) already. As long as this is not the case, hardware cockpit development with FS2020 remains troublesome!

Idealogic, are you saying you got Pop Weasel to work with FS2020? I don’t see anywhere that details how to do that if you did.

Pop weasel does not work with MSFS.

I hope I didn’t say that, because I have never tried it! There is only one person who can give a qualified answer to that question: Russ Barlow, the author of PopWeasel. Maybe, the quickest way to get in touch with him, is via YouTube. If you type his name in the search box, you will get a list of all his achievements, including PopWeasel. I am afraid, that Asobo grants little priority to cockpit building. Otherwise, the G1000 displays would have persisted on designeted screens for a long time already. As long as Asobo doesn’t pay attention to this issue, PopWeasel could ideally fill this gap. Russ Barlow seems the first person who could achieve a port to FS2000!

Pop weasel is a very simple app that reads and writes to a text file because that is where Xplane stores the position and size of popped out Windows. If only it were that simple for MSFS but alas no. Currently the most mature tool that I know of that automates the popouts for MSFS is the one from @RoastGnu on this forum.

Found the easiest solution I could using MS Powertoys Fancyzones to draw zones for popouts to move to to display perfectly in air manager

Hi!
Can you explain me how did you get this front view without panels…? Thanks!

1 Like