Remove white spinning circle in flight

Yeah it’s pretty annoying. And agree, it didn’t happen before so it’d be nice to get back to how it should be.

1 Like

From a UI design it doesn’t make much sense. Loading indicators come up when you are waiting on a static screen. (confirming everything is ok and it’s working) You normally don’t see loading indicators when you are actively playing a game and not waiting on anything. Unless it’s a debug tool, and it shows internet / disk slowness. Just odd…

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s annoying. It pops up for me from time to time as well. Not show stopping by any means, but annoying.

I have Gbit internet, game is installed on an NVMe, and game assets on a SATA SSD. There should be nothing slow preventing things from loading.

2 Likes

Sounds like the kind of feature that should be a “turn on if you want it” rather than a “turn off if you don’t”.

Would bug the heck out of me.

3 Likes

Instead of a white spinning circle, My plane goes in circles when I turn on LNAV with the 787

2 Likes

I have this circle from time to time. I thought it meant that the connection was struggling to download data. I use a 4G connection (no fiber yet :weary:) and from time to time I used to have a pop-up “internet connection lost”. It has disappeared since the last updates, but now I have the white circle.
So I assumed that the circle replaced the pop-up, which was a good idea IMO.

Welcome. Great first post without complaining or asking for help. Flying in circles can also be fun.

1 Like

Yeah, having that too. Since it’s animated and keeps popping up every few seconds it keeps catching my eye and is really annoying that way. And it looks bad on screenshots and video.

What’s the point of it anyway? When something has no practical use for me it might as well go away again. At the very least I would appreciate an option to disable it.

Just did a short flight. It was happening every two seconds. This was without live weather or traffic and not in a photogrammetry area. Kind of annoying really.

I noticed it today , some days I dont see it at all… So I dunno its the weekend more load on servers ? or just internet traffic in general ?

I have also noticed this, it started after the most recent patch. It seems to happen more often in built up areas or near airports.

Just doing a flight over Japan and it’s almost constant. Really annoying.

It may be useful to diagnose streaming issues etc. but it’s distracting and reduces the immersion in flight.

Could the texture it uses be replaced with a Alpha channel only one, perhaps? Or simply an empty file. I don’t know if it’s even a discrete file, or maybe part of a larger single file.

If it’s useful for the user to see it, they still could make it dependent on if the developer mode is enabled.
Showing a circle without any purpose for me as a player is just pointless, so they should definitely disable this.

Depending on whether it is a dedicated texture or something used everywhere else in the sim, I’d be careful making it invisible by modifying the opacity in the texture file.

Remove it completely or at least have it as an option (to not show it at all). Can’t stand UI elements that distract. I’d like the same option on the chevron which appears (to access the menus) any time the mouse moves. Happy to open menus with a key press.

1 Like

I agree on all your points. 1 upvote more from me.

1 Like

Yep it’s distracting and shouldn’t be there.

Or just don’t display it LOL, have it as an option within the Dev mode if it needs to be visualized.

There’s a mod for this:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/removed-toolbar-handle-that-appears-whenever-your-move-the-mouse/266566

1 Like