Removing Market Content

I usually struggle to hit 30fps at my home airport KBVY, things improve as I get closer to Boston counterintuitive to what you would expect.

I’m sitting on the runway in RAIN @ KBVY looking at my FPS hitting it’s cap at 40FPS.

Rip out everything you are not using, it’s brilliant!

1 Like

If you fly the EU or UK or where ever I would uninstall all the other superfluous content it’s a HUGE boost.

I know. I’ve deleted a lot of stuff I never use, though not to the extent you have. I’m just considering what aircraft I don’t fly at the moment, though I’ve already done quite a few liveries.

I like to keep all the scenery though, despite the cost in performance, as you never know…

It’s definitely still has a your mileage may vary … huge boost KBOS and bad weather meh boost LAX and clear skies?

I’m starting to get the hang of piloting from outside though.

Deleted all my Aviator’s, Test Pilot, Xbox, Kenmore, Orbit, and all the other ones too.

Also removed the flight training and any other modules I’d never really use.

I removed them from marketplace, then exited the sim and deleted them manually to make sure they were gone too.

It’s utterly ridiculous that all these items are opt out, not opt in from the initial install!

The install should be just the basic items, with packs in the content manager to install further things if we want them!

I wish this stuff could be controlled externally like the Community content.

4 Likes

I just went through a full reinstall to see if it would fix a CTD that started after the Top Gun update. I was able to pick all the packages again without the Club liveries.

I fly all over the glob, so I’m keeping all the other content. Thinking of axing the training packages as they are so annoying.

It’s not like you cannot put stuff back later … I screwed up and uninstalled a few things I wanted and just slapped them back in. I mean if you have a good connection to the content servers as I do.

Removed:

• All Aviator Club Liveries and the Kenwood ones as well.
  • Deleted all World Updates except USA , where I fly 99% of the time.
    (Can always in other WU, if I need one)
  • Removed all Training content (waste of time in IMHO - poorly done and incomplete)
  • Removed all Bush Trips (do not fly that way)
  • Removed all Discovery flights - not impressed

Result. I much more stable MSFS, not full of feature I have no interest in.

Did not remove F18 or Space Ship - I want them to be identified !!

But did removed all their Exterior Models and Sounds !! NOW they are no longer visible or heard in MP or as AI traffic.

(My personal choice - you do as you want in YOUR MSFS)

1 Like

Still finding LAX can be a back breaker at times but 24fps is acceptable when it’s this crowded.

but just a little ways out up at 30 and climbing.

I totally agree!

Perhaps this should be a wish list item, to see if we can get it in front of the Devs during a Q&A😊

Gentlemen, place your bets😁

I am starting to see the same results after removing everything not pertaining to the US. No offense to the nice folks across the pond.

Think I will get rid of all the training and bush stuff that I no longer use.
Thanks for the tip !!

1 Like

With all the US content there is you may even see better results?

1 Like

Place your comments and votes boys and girls. This needs much more attention.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.