Removing Market Content

Is it safe to remove content from the Marketplace that is part of the default installs?

I’d like to remove all the Aviator’s Club and Xbox Aviators Club liveries since it seems to be the AI default. It’s just looks weird when all the airplanes are painted like that.

Yes, I’ve done that. I also deleted fs-base-cgl which freed up some 60GB, but I don’t recommend this if you lose internet connection.

Aviator’s club is a total waste of space. 75 items and growing. Feel free to delate it. I just wan´t to forget the day I subscribed to that…

Cheers

3 Likes

First thing I did. I’ve also deleted all the stuff I’m not interested in: the F18 and all that fighter jet malarkey, the holocopter thingy…

1 Like

I want to delete all those aviators club and xbox stuff along with other world areas and their associated special airports. I liked them but found that I actually never went there and spent almost 100% of my time in the US. I expect others over in other continents may feel the same way about their home area.

Wish there was an easy, less convoluted way to delete all this stuff. I have found it diffficult to find and delete WORLD UPDATES, associated airports and challenges for areas I hardly ever fly in.

1 Like

Without looking, I’d have thought you could do that in Content/Installation Manager by using the Package view rather than the itemised view.

oh gee…Package view ? Now I feel silly and a bit “Un-Smart”.
I will have to go look for that… Now a package view deletion method would be marvelous.
Appreciate your comment, thank you.

UPDATE: How do you see a “Package View” ? I see A - Z, Z - A, File Size choices.
Next Update: Oh I see, dumb me… If one searches for a Place like United Kingdom, that package is shown and can be deleted.

It’s the two symbols at the top of the list. One is…well, a package (looks like a gaming die) and the other is a series of horizontal lines. Like a list.

1 Like

Ah, that’s what that is. The Aviator’s Club seems to be all individual packages so it doesn’t matter much for those.

The airports look a bit more normal now.

My Nordics update for some reason is partially installed. I’ve not seen that before.

I got that too this time round. I did fix it but I’ve forgotten how now :grin:

You have too shutdown the sim, restart it and try the download again and it will work. It happen to me too.

I have that problem on xbox with the partial nordic update but not on pc. so it should get fixed soon.

Perfectly safe, thats why theres a delete option for them. Getting rid of all those liveries (of which there are 3 for EACH stock plane) took some time but its well worth the effort as it frees up a lot of space and reduces clutter.

You can also delete all the landing challenges and lessons which will free up even more space. I did this as well. Nice to have a less cluttered install.

Once you are done check the NOT INSTALLED box and look at the GB you gained by removing all that!

Now if they could just give us a compact-menu option for us desktop users instead of the current clunky menu and its airfield-sized pictures.

1 Like

Can you delete Bushtrips, etc. without also deleting scenery?

Don’t know for sure, but I’d have thought so. Try it and see if anything breaks; you can always download it again.

It becomes tiresome during updates as you cannot just slap the update all button anymore.

I wish there was a way to denote things as “not interested unless I toggle some other button” I stopped buying on the marketplace because of this, once it’s attached to your install anything you buy is like herpes.

4 Likes

Yes - there are things I’ve bought and later regretted it, or they’ve been superceded by official updates. Also that A320 mod just won’t go away…

These removing content suggestions have piqued my interest so I just ripped my sim down to a very Amero-centric install just to see how it fares. I took out all the silly planes, all the training, all the discovery except pertaining to North America, all the airports and everything not USA (yes boring but it’s an experiment).

First impression, I just started the sim in 1:22

Second impression HELLO FREE FPS!

I now have more things not installed than I do installed!

I’m seeing a 5FPS gain using a stripped down MSFS.

LAX is always low 20’s for me, high 20’s I’ll take it!

Edit: Installed 177 not installed 219

2 Likes

Found an American map of the world! :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely. I got rid of all bushtrips & landing challenges. The scenery stays untouched.

1 Like